Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

Then you don't want to buy your TV there in the first place. I mean it's not that strange to ask them to play your own brought media.
    Grailed link

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

it was a joke referencing the contents of said media
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Yeah I figured after I re-read my post and wanted to edit footage to media :p

"Here play this homevideo on the 65" please" Lol
        Grailed link

Comment

• Shifts
          • Jul 2013

The in-store TV-settings are usually not good for anything, especially not figuring out which TV has the best image. Cranked up to the max, with BOOST on everything, all image enhancements enabled etc.

For a consumer, it is hard to do any other comparison than in the stores of course, but I'm just saying...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Photoshop gurus, are there any fonts in pshop that come close to what Russian avant-gardeists, especially constructivists, used in the 20s?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Photoshop gurus, are there any fonts in pshop that come close to what Russian avant-gardeists, especially constructivists, used in the 20s?
              Out of the box there are only Futura and Bauhaus that come to mind – if you wanted something that fits better, you´d have to buy a font. Like this for example.

Try Fontshop or Linotype. Or Dafont and Fontsquirrel for free fonts (you´ll have to search longer though, because there´s a lot of crap).
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Just got the 12in retina macbook...and it is beautiful.

Website's low quality images look even worse now though ><

The keys are freaky...no wiggling, and aren't shallow at all. Bigger than the 13in's actually, and super fast response time.
                The track pad is excellent. Once again, if you want that hard click (I prefer tap), it's shallow as well.
                It's crazy tiny. The screen weighs more than the body.
                You get a headphone jack and a USB-C port, that's it.

Haven't run anything that requires crazy processing power yet, so I'll have to give an update on that. (will mostly consist of Adobe apps)

On top of a 13in pro for comparison
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Damn, I want one. I cannot look at my old Air anymore after getting the retina desktop.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Just got the new macbook pro 13in retina.

Love it.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Really thinking about getting the new Samsung Serif TV.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Damn, I want one. I cannot look at my old Air anymore after getting the retina desktop.
                        Report:

Just downloaded Photoshop CS5 on the 12in.
                        Boots up super fast. Editing is very quick, has no real issues with intense spot healing thus far. Therefore, does exactly what I need it to for what it is.

The only slowness I've experienced is bulk image importing/exporting through the new iphoto (Photos). Not a big deal though, only adds a few more seconds.

The fact that it's only 2lbs is crazy. It's like a useful tablet XD
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          Really thinking about getting the new Samsung Serif TV.
                          Evidently it is so expensive, that you have to sell everything in your apartment to afford it and are stuck using the rug as a blanket to watch TV afterwards.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            Evidently it is so expensive, that you have to sell everything in your apartment to afford it and are stuck using the rug as a blanket to watch TV afterwards.
                            Minimalism FTW

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              I believe the largest one tops out around $1,800, surely that's within the realm of sanity around these parts?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

I haven´t bothered checking pricing yet as these won´t be released in my homeland for a while.

Before getting a TV I´d have to figure out how to place it inside the living room without having a layout where every furniture faces the screen. It should not be the center of attention.
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎