Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

$1800 is totally reasonable. I was just going by the photo posted.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

for a 40" Samsung TV?

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

It's reasonable if you care about that shape just like Apple's 200% margins are reasonable if you care about their design / os. But yeah kind of hilarious, I think the top line Samsung is around $570 for a 40 inch.

Comment

• SuE
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
          Before getting a TV I´d have to figure out how to place it inside the living room without having a layout where every furniture faces the screen. It should not be the center of attention.
          Put the TV on a wall or get a projector
          One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
            Report:

Just downloaded Photoshop CS5 on the 12in.
            Boots up super fast. Editing is very quick, has no real issues with intense spot healing thus far. Therefore, does exactly what I need it to for what it is.

The only slowness I've experienced is bulk image importing/exporting through the new iphoto (Photos). Not a big deal though, only adds a few more seconds.

The fact that it's only 2lbs is crazy. It's like a useful tablet XD
            You're really pushing me over the edge. I was leaning towards the 13" macbook pro retina because I want a laptop that can serve all my needs when travelling, which mostly just consists of multi-tabbed browsing, fast file searching, mass photo upload/editing. Does the macbook really do the job with the new processor? Hard to believe when it's so light...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Can anyone recommend GOOD software that converts .FLAC to .MP3 or better yet, .AAC? VLC makes everything sound like shit.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
                • Nov 2006

With the rather significant caveat that I'm none too picky about high fidelity, I've used NCH Switch Audio before and found it pretty handy.

VLC's been buggering out on me on a lot of things lately. I fear it's going the way of the bloat.
                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• SuE
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Can anyone recommend GOOD software that converts .FLAC to .MP3 or better yet, .AAC? VLC makes everything sound like shit.
                  VLC is primarily designed for video. Try Vox instead for audio (.flac etc):

If you still prefer to convert then check out X Lossless Decoder:
                  One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    This is excellent: http://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

If you would like to maintain *.FLAC, I use the Audirvana app on my computer to play everything in that format. Using it to pipe the audio through a McIntosh system results in high quality output, or you can just connect some headphones and enjoy as well!
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                        You're really pushing me over the edge. I was leaning towards the 13" macbook pro retina because I want a laptop that can serve all my needs when travelling, which mostly just consists of multi-tabbed browsing, fast file searching, mass photo upload/editing. Does the macbook really do the job with the new processor? Hard to believe when it's so light...
                        Forgot to respond to this…

For mass photo downloading/uploading , I'd definitely say puts a lot of strain on the processor and slows it down a bit. (found this out whilst doing the seasonal collections downloads/uploads)
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Hedi
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by SuE View Post
                          If you still prefer to convert then check out X Lossless Decoder:
                          Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          If you would like to maintain *.FLAC, I use the Audirvana app on my computer to play everything in that format. Using it to pipe the audio through a McIntosh system results in high quality output, or you can just connect some headphones and enjoy as well!
                          +1 XLD and +1 Audirvana Plus

Essential audio apps on a mac system.

Comment

• Calm
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post

I have the new (at least, early 2015) 13" MBP w/ Retina and have never experienced processor lag when compiling some serious programs. It takes time but it never feels like it's overloaded or bloated. Despite the heavy pricetag, I can't recommend these laptops enough. It's really a great experience, even if you could edge it out stats vs. price wise with some of the Windows OS machines.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                              • Jan 2013

I agree - macs are the only laptops I've bought for the past 9 years (jeez has it been so long?). Everything else is cheaper but I end up dissatisfied and upgrade way more often (there's an analogy to fashion somewhere in here).

Thanks for the info above. I plan to get a 13" MBP w/ Retina, but try to hold out for the 2016 release with the new Skylake processors. I know waiting for technology is a slippery slope, but the mbp seems overdue for a processor upgrade.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

So, I did a fair amount of research and it looks like we are on the horizon of significant price drops and improvements for things like 4k and OLED. I think I will wait a year or two to replace my TV.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎