X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: Euro 2008

anyone but ze germans please. could not stand to see thatpr*ck ballack holdng the trophy.</P>

czechs no where near good enough to win, croatia are a different kettle of fish - think they have a good chance - a slightly mental manager who has an increible desire to win.</P>

france are capable of winning..I think they have the most talented set of players. (Man u are looking to sign Benzema incidentally...they wil be an incredible team with him included, provided they keep the greaser ronaldo too). spain will fold as faust says. </P>

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

The only thing I wish is for Germany, France, Holland or Italy not to win this, I like their football but it would be great to see a "small" team lift the cup this time and yes, England and Spain are very much alike, too much hype, very good teams, so the disappointment is huge everytime.</p>

edit- On a side note, we just stole Sven-Goran Eriksson from Manchester city, I went to have a cup of coffee in the morning here in Polanco and he was sitting 2 tables away from me. </p>

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

wow...sorry diego, but who are "we". are you mexican or argentinian?

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Ugh!!!, you just killed me with that confusion Johnny, Mexico of course.</p>

</p>

edit- not that the Eriksson thing matters much, we still won't win shit with or without him hahaha.</p>

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

sorry!!! must have been the diego bit (maradona).</P>

edit - i meant wow in the sense of it being a good scoop if it's true since it's only just today that his departure has been formally announced</P>

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="jj.still"]

[quote user="Faust"]/\ @ Diego - Both have a tendency to fold in the international games though, despite looking great on paper (just like that certain other team that did not qualify, starts with E, ends with D). I think Ze Germans will win, but I would not be surprised if Czech Republic or Croatia pulls off a miracle, as Divo says.
              [/quote]</p>

Czechs without Nedved and Rosicky are "whipping boys". I guess.. :)</p>

[/quote]</p>

Yea, that's true - what happened to them?</p>
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jj.still
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]</P>

Yea, that's true - what happened to them?</P>

[/quote]</P>
                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Nedved retired from international football and Rosickyhas kneeinjury.</P>

Comment

• oliviervdroo
                  • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="jj.still"]

[quote user="Faust"]/\ @ Diego - Both have a tendency to fold in the international games though, despite looking great on paper (just like that certain other team that did not qualify, starts with E, ends with D). I think Ze Germans will win, but I would not be surprised if Czech Republic or Croatia pulls off a miracle, as Divo says.
                  [/quote]</p>

Czechs without Nedved and Rosicky are "whipping boys". I guess.. :)</p>

[/quote]</p>

Yea, that's true - what happened to them?</p>

[/quote]</p>

Rosicky is injured I think and Nedved stopped his international career.</p>

go Portugal or the Netherlands!</p>

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ I see. Well, they still have Baros, and the Green Giant!</p>

</p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                      • May 2008

Milan Baros hasn't played well this season, you can't really say Kolar have either?

Comment

• oliviervdroo
                        • Jan 2008

I think Koller's team (nürnberg?) even relegated this year. they had a great squad a few years ago. but their top players then still are their top players today, which is not really a good thing.

Comment

• huskiesonice
                          • Mar 2008

Germany will not win, they don't have the players this time. </p>

Spain look good - but they usually do, until the tournament starts! - so do France</p>

I think France will win and the Lyon striker Benzema, together with Nasri and Ribery, will steal the show.</p>

Karim Benzema is the mutt's nuts - please Lord he doesn't go to United!
                          </p>

Comment

• Jon
                            • Apr 2008

France looks very, very strong. Although I'm curious as to who they will be putting on the pitch together. The players huskiesonice mentioned are certainly capable of winning it for them.</P>

I'll pick the semi-finalists - this entire competition is a crapshoot this year anyways. I think almost all of the teams this year have a really good chance.</P>

Germany - France - Portugal - Spain</P>

Spain I think is the best team on paper this year. I don't think Italy is going to make a strong showing.</P>
                            Originally posted by merz
                            perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                              • May 2008

I always think that Spain, France and Portugal disappoint me. Portugal normally advance to the 1/2 final or final, but they don't play good soccer, same goes for the two other tho they're always eliminated in the start, but this time Spain haven't play that unreliable, they've been playing some good matches and their midfield is just crazy as Wire.Artist says. Therefore i finally think they'll get their title!

Comment

• Jon
                                • Apr 2008

I'd definitely have to disagree with France being a 'disappointment'. Over the last 25 years I would say that they are one of the most successful teams in the world - I would say just below Brazil, Argentina and Italy. They consistently advance through all competitions (even when they're not playing well) and they are one of the most successful teams in the world (1 World Cup, 2 Euro Cups - all in the last 25 years). This year they have some really great young players making their tournament debuts (ie: Nasri, Benzema) who are game changers. I can only see France playing exciting attacking football with their squad. </P>
                                Originally posted by merz
                                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎