Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

if time is a factor and all you're really looking for is to have a lean, firm body, then i recommend swimming. i just recently got into it and its like the perfect exercise. an hour a day 4-5 times per week. you burn calories like mad and provide resistance for every major muscle group in your body with none of the joint damaging, jarring impact of running. you have to mix it up with all the different strokes and stuff but man it works.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by thecoretic
      Although those supertall chicken legged hipsters around here do have the swagger to pull off their indie NME look .. too bad about their shorter dopplegangers.
      looking good in superslim / skinny clothes does not always equal looking good in no clothes at all. personally, i want both. its great to be slim but you gotta have at least some muscle / definition in my opinion or once you drop your drawers you just look like a wimpy poindexter.

of course right now i'm in the worst shape of my life, being married and north of 30 yrs old. but i'm working on it!
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Don't recall having been in this thread, but find it funny and timely that as I've gained quite a bit of weight over the past few months and attained more definition, I'm just now starting to "fit" into my clothes.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by thecoretic
          I always find myself wanting to get rid of weight from my thighs,im a 28'' waist but I think my thighs are like trunks...my legs would be very muscular(despite the fact I never excercise)

General opinion from people is that chicken legs = gross on guys - defined legs = just right.

Although those supertall chicken legged hipsters around here do have the swagger to pull off their indie NME look .. too bad about their shorter dopplegangers.
          it's too bad noob assholes around here can't shut the fuck up when the time is right.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
            • Jan 2008

Ashtanga Yoga.

Though seriously, I just got back doing regular yoga training again
            here in the new year. It's great to feel my obliquus externus
            abdominis again, but ay my hamstrings are sore ...
            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Ha, did yoga yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and sore as hell. Going to try to get myself up to five times a week.

And that is the first kitty photo I like.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schemedream
                • Jan 2013

Just had a realization that if I stay on my current work out regime that I'll be completely screwed. Decided to lean up instead of stack more weight. It's an interesting first world problem to have.

To more answer the question though I find that staying out of an office chair as much as I can helps. Walking to the liquor store instead of driving, stretching when I feel like I should, getting that extra lap on the track instead of quitting, etc. I don't always have time, but even if I'm on the road traveling for work it really doesn't take more than 15 minutes to hammer out some pullups / pushups / crunchs / bicycle kicks.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Ha, did yoga yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and sore as hell. Going to try to get myself up to five times a week.

And that is the first kitty photo I like.
                  It's good to hear I'm not alone.

Yes, that's one talented kitty, it got the Urdhva Dandasana down.
                  Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                  Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

currently doing intermittent fasting. eat during a 6-7 hour period. 5'11 163 lbs (have a frame that would be 140lbs with no muscle) currently around 13% bodyfat trying to get down to 10%. happy with how my body looks currently but want to get hollowed cheeks and a bit more vascular. Dont pay that much attention to macros just try to eat 100g+ of protein and alot of fat and keep carbs to a minimum. About 1800 calories a day, 2k on lifting days

Use myfitnesspal. take fish oil everyday and a multi every couple days so my piss doesnt always smell like vitamins. cut down drinking to once a month or less. try to avoid processed food, and eat as many dead animals as possible. chicken thigh/breast, 85/15 ground beef, cottage cheese are my favs foods.

Work out on sunday, tues, thursday, sometimes monday. Try to run 3 miles 3x a week for cardio health mainly, not really for the calories expenditure. have had a long time goal of getting under 6 for the mile. Do only heavy lifting with low reps on the compound exercises bench/squat/dl never doing more than 3 reps usually. also focus alot on bodyweight exercises pullups/chinups/dips/pushups feel that helps alot with the mind-body connection and body control

Fit into a slim 46 perfectly and 30 waist pants and with great muscle mass

Comment

• sixledge
                      • Dec 2011

I enjoy lifting weights and exercising but pants are my downfall when it comes to fitting into them.

Its ironic how once you are in shape clothes off the rack don't fit you anymore.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by sixledge View Post
                        I enjoy lifting weights and exercising but pants are my downfall when it comes to fitting into them.

Its ironic how once you are in shape clothes off the rack don't fit you anymore.
                        not true. clothes dont fit you because

1. youre fat
                        2. youre too muscular
                        3. shitty genetics/bone structure
                        4. height/weight proportion
                        5. bad clothes design

Comment

• sixledge
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                          not true. clothes dont fit you because

1. youre fat
                          2. youre too muscular
                          3. shitty genetics/bone structure
                          4. height/weight proportion
                          5. bad clothes design

I am far from too muscular and not fat at all.

I brought up pants specifically because the biggest issue with modern clothing for me is the ratio between waist size and leg size.

Clothing is designed with the thought that if you have a 28" waist that you also have chicken legs.

I used to have chicken legs and fit into pants great just like the runway models do....who are arguably not in shape, but are aesthetic when it comes to clothing.

What one would consider to be "in shape" could be relative to your opinion but most clothes are designed for an "average build" and today's "average build" is arguably not ideal on both ends of the spectrum (underweight/overweight).

I'm sure none of this was a problem before mass production when everyone had their trousers and shirts fitted.

Comment

• etgreg
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                            Just had a realization that if I stay on my current work out regime that I'll be completely screwed. Decided to lean up instead of stack more weight. It's an interesting first world problem to have.

To more answer the question though I find that staying out of an office chair as much as I can helps. Walking to the liquor store instead of driving, stretching when I feel like I should, getting that extra lap on the track instead of quitting, etc. I don't always have time, but even if I'm on the road traveling for work it really doesn't take more than 15 minutes to hammer out some pullups / pushups / crunchs / bicycle kicks.
                            I found this "oxymoron" to be pretty funny. Not picking on you; however alcohol is nothing but empty calories.

Good for you for on the rest of your routine. I would imagine it hard to fit anything in if your traveling a lot.

I would like to incorporate Yoga or Pilates into my training. Stretching is my Achilles Heel.

Comment

• springsummer1993
                              • Aug 2012

I've been glad that I've grown to love a free-r sized aesthetic in yohji (and ann, somewhat) and I don't have to worry so much about what's being discussed in this thread. It does help being an athlete though. If you can't get your heart beat up often enough, a conscious diet is your next best friend.

What sucks about being an athlete (footballer) is even though- when trying to explore more fitted territory like raf or dior homme- the top block will fit great, you can say goodbye to any chances of saying the same for your lower half. what a curse...
                              live for conflict / die for heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎