Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ives927
    • Jun 2009

Sex and the City. Lol. Gotta love late night tv.

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Just watched the Zizek video. You'd think more people would show up for this...what time was it over at Google when they did this- 4am?
      Anyway, it's a great watch, this guy is the real deal. The idea of the world being filled with all of these proxies is something to think about.

okay, and I mean this as being a serious question - does he have some sort of a something going on with him (the movements)? What is that? I ask because I really am interested -(Zizek) - and while we're on it - I never knew Dan Graham has this voice thing going on - Does anyone know why Dan Graham does this? btw if you go to the youtube page im not the jackass who made the rude comment.

Last edited by laughed; 05-15-2010, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
        ^ isn't it amazing what a rock star he is? for good reason but still really incredible that i hear he seems to come with friends or on the internet on a weekly basis.
        Yeah, it is rather strange. Better him than Beyonce.

Laughed, I thought the exact same thing!!! Fucking geeks, they don't know anything. It also could be an American thing - probably most of them never heard of the guy. When Michael Pollan came in, the room was full. Anyway, props to google for spending money on this rather on some motivational speaker hack that would wax about how Art of War can be applied to business.

He is interesting to listen - although I disagree with his recent analysis of Kung-Fu Panda. Don't know about the movements - I wouldn't be surprised if he was on coke. Also notice that the comments for this video were blocked.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

Yeah, not sure what is going on with Dan Graham but I think Zizek probably was blasted out of his mind. He kinda does the same thing in other videos, lightly, but when he tells the story involving name-calling and his lesbian friend - i can for sure see him annihilated on drugs and booze and just spitting out whatever he feels like saying....then calling the next day and apologizing.
          Through the entire video I couldn't help thinking - Sure would like to have a few beers with this guy.
          But then there's no telling what this guy gets into after a few beers.
          I don't think it stops with drugs or beer let's put it that way.
          Still, a great man.

Was really hoping he would do some sort of coked out powerpoint presentation where he just starts googling random things while using that cute asian lady in some marxist guinea pig demonstration.

Comment

• todestrieb
            • Mar 2009

LOL @ Zizek being on drugs. It's a physical quirk of his that has been going on for many years now. The twitching, tics, nose-rubbing, etc are part of the Zizekian persona. Like a form of Tourette's or a motor-neurone "disorder". I wouldn't attribute it to any stimulant, aside from caffeine. He's also rather jittery by nature.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            He is interesting to listen - although I disagree with his recent analysis of Kung-Fu Panda.
            It's important to bear in mind that whenever he makes analyses of the kind, it's not so much that he's trying to analyse the object under analysis (say, a film or a book), but as a rhetorical means to explicate or explain a broader concept or idea at hand. For instance, the stuff about ideology and toilets. He's not so much trying to analyse why the respective European and American toilets are designed as such, but as a way (often amusing) to explain his notion of Ideology. To view and judge any of his analyses as an analysis of something in-itself often completely misses the point.

Oh yeah, and this:-

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Of course, I understand that. But I think in this case it was a self-serving move, trying to fit a square peg in the round hole, so to speak.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nakata
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

THIS IS VERY SPECIAL! The lost 1906 San Francisco Street film!

This is so interesting. Please check it out. And when it is over, you can select a viewing of the same road present day you'll see this choice at the bottom.

Going back in time!

This film was "lost" for many years. It was the first 35mm film ever. It was taken by camera mounted on the front of a cable car

The amount of automobiles is staggering for 1906. Absolutely amazing! The clock tower at the end of Market Street at the Embarcadero wharf is still there. (I'm also wondering ... how many "street cleaning" people were employed to pick up after the horses? Talk about going green!)

Great historical film worth watching.

This film, originally thought to be from 1905 until David Kiehn with the Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum figured out exactly when it was shot. From New York trade papers announcing the film showing to the wet streets from recent heavy rainfall & shadows indicating time of year & actual weather and conditions on historical record, even when the cars were registered (he even knows who owned them and when the plates were issued!).. It was filmed only four days before the quake and shipped by train to NY for processing. Amazing but true!

You can also see all the gentlemen didn't go out without the hats/blazers/jackets/suit sets.

Comment

• MaxM
                  • Sep 2009

Best synth jam ever (Dorian Concept):

Last edited by MaxM; 05-30-2010, 03:23 AM.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Nemesis_4
                    • Nov 2009

Just finished up watching the 3rd season of Mad Men, one of the best shows on television ladies and gentlemen, can't wait to see what season 4 brings

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                      • Jan 2010

That synth jam is UNBELIEVABLE. He does it quite effortlessly.
                      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• MaxM
                        • Sep 2009

Yea indeed. Knowing his young age and that he works with rather "cheap" synth i respect him all the more!!

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                          • Jan 2010

Goes to show that it's not the instrument, it's the man behind it.
                          MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• MaxM
                            • Sep 2009

Well playing like he does certainly helps . But i like how he seems to get everything he can out of his synths

Comment

• TadaoAndo
                              • Jun 2010

I got talked into watching the Rachel Zoe Project with some friends and, gasp, I actually found it weirdly compelling.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

i die...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎