Clear All
  • jackg
    • Oct 2011

films of note in the last couple of weeks:

Comment

• Simari
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Bson View Post
      This summer I just re-watched all of Buffy since it aired way back when..... Great show all around, I understand the cult following
      Buffy was an awesome show. I can't remember why exactly I stopped watching it or when it went off air. I think it is one of the first things Joss Whedon worked on..well after Joss Whedon worked on.

Comment

• Graygoose
        • Jul 2013

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy
        August Pope

Instagram: august_pope

There is beauty in decay.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Blacklist. holy shit!
          sain't

Comment

• MJRH
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Can someone tell me what's supposed to be so funny about Curb Your Enthusiasm? Why are you laughing and I'm not? Answer me...
            hey, you validated me in my apathy towards murakami, so i owe ya one: to understand curb your enthusiasm, you just need to read its title. or, maybe that's redundant at this point...

i recently watched the thief and the cobbler, a cartoon begun in 1964 and finished in 93. what aladdin would have been if it'd been any good whatsoever. unfortunately, the film was bought out, and commercialized, with a completely shit voiceover and the addition of (blarg) musical numbers of the heaveworthy disneyfied sort, but thanks to the power of youtube the 'recobbled' version is available online and it's a right gem. check out what navigating a world drawn by escher looks like. highly recommended, for fans of the genre.
            ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• OliverG
              Banned
              • Sep 2013

Some great links here, especially wanting to watch the Alain Connes discussion... but seriously, Buffy? Lately I have been laughing at It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I just discovered this show, and I find the whole bar enviroment perfect for a sitcom (having worked in many bars myself...). You can stream most of the popular series and some films at http://megashare.info.

Comment

• sebastian
                • Feb 2009

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

BREAKING BAD

no spoilers but finale was best conclusion to any series EVER

if you haven't watched the series I highly suggest you immediately get started.... Netflix, DVDs or download.... just do it!

Comment

• pregnantbob
                    • May 2011

Breaking bad... been watching it since day one... and it has been the most satisfying television watching experience I have ever had... aside from maybe the Sopranos (even with that ending) and the Wire... and my all time favourite: Black Adder.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

For those who read French, I've been invited to give a series of articles of fashion and TV series on the IFM/Lemonde blog.

It starts with a theoretical introduction there: l'écran et le miroir

don't know if this fits the topic here but i don't know where to put it in the 'fashion media' section...
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• pregnantbob
                        • May 2011

Saw Gravity at the imax.

See it in IMAX if you can.

Comment

• schemedream
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by pregnantbob View Post
                          Saw Gravity at the imax.

See it in IMAX if you can.
                          Everyone I know doesn't want to go see it. From what I've read and heard it seems like it's executed quite spectacularly. That good huh?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            For those who read French, I've been invited to give a series of articles of fashion and TV series on the IFM/Lemonde blog.

It starts with a theoretical introduction there: l'écran et le miroir

don't know if this fits the topic here but i don't know where to put it in the 'fashion media' section...
                            OMG, they let you on TV? The French have terrible taste!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• OliverG
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2013

Rewatched The Butterfly Effect the other night, and still find it to be a brilliant movie. Kinda like Back To The Future but in a thriller/suspense kinda way. I watched it because there is a sequel as well that I saw available online, so...it'll probably suck though. :P

Comment

• pregnantbob
                                • May 2011

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
                                Everyone I know doesn't want to go see it. From what I've read and heard it seems like it's executed quite spectacularly. That good huh?
                                It's honestly one of the best pieces of film making i've seen in a long long time. I don't want to go into detail because it might ruin some of the atmospheric aspects, but I do recommend not missing it and like I said above, see it at the IMAX or go for a large large screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎