X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Started Ray Donovan to wash off True Detective. Excellent.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheDivinitus
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
      I'm up to date on Mr. Robot. The most recent episodes have actually piqued my interest even more. There's definitely a lot of same theme / feelings as Fight Club, but it's a fun show. I would recommend giving it your full attention when watching; I got a lot more out of it that way compared to when I kind of played it in the background.
      This sounds very appealing:

"Perchance even entertainment execs have realized they can no longer get away with silly and unbelievable things like "magic picture enhance", nerdy super hackers who as through divine insight guess their targets passwords in 1-2 attempts, or with peddling notions of tools that have weeks of artist design effort spent on them, for buttons that once clicked, reveal some information that would logically be impossible to get hold of through the channel used."
      blog

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

Yeah except they hack the bluetooth in a squad car to open all the doors in a prison -- the show is just as moronic as what they claim to go against, but it is shot nicely.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
          • Jan 2013

I tend to suspend disbelief regarding tech facts as they never get these things right. The logic did get looser after first episode. I don't think their goal of clearing everyone's credit is an effective one either, but the internal dialogues and intercharacter relations (and yea it's shot nicely) are interesting enough to keep me watching.

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

A good friend was the DIT, he'll be happy to hear everyone likes the look.

Comment

• twelve12twelve
              • Jul 2015

Have been watching the Coen brothers movies lately, 'O Brother Where Art Thou' has been one of my favorites for years but never got around to the others (was missing out).

There's something about their humor that gets me - Fargo, A Serious Man, Burn After Reading and Raising Arizona are the funniest movies I've seen in a long time, the facial expressions of Frances McDormand are a good example of this subtle humor that work so well.

Comment

• mikko
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Started Ray Donovan to wash off True Detective. Excellent.
                Season one is pretty good, two and three are forgettable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I'd say two is still very good. Third one is OK. Liev Schrieber is carrying the whole show. One of the most underrated actors out there. I just wish his and his wife's South Boston Irish accent didn't just surface whenever they remember it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

What are some of shows you guys feel are underrated? That you loved but went under the radar of most people? Mine are Deadwood and Generation Kill.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• En.
                      • May 2015

What are some of shows you guys feel are underrated? That you loved but went under the radar of most people? Mine are Deadwood and Generation Kill.
                      The Wire. It has a larger fanbase now than when it originally aired, which is a plus.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I wouldn't call The Wire underrated. I would call it the best show of all time though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                          • May 2014

Hannibal most definitely. Seems like no one knew about it or maybe it was deemed too "slow" by the average american.

Comment

• unwashed
                            • Dec 2008

I almost finished Narcos today, really liked it. Netflix is releasing some good shows.
                            Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

In the middle of Narcos as well. It's OK.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• En.
                                • May 2015

Anyone else watching Show Me a Hero? The finale is airing now in the U.S. Great show for anyone interested in a realistic representation of politics and its influence on a big city. Also features Oscar Isaac, one of my favorite current actors, as the lead.
                                I wouldn't call The Wire underrated. I would call it the best show of all time though.
                                Not underrated but I would say it fell off the radar for many watchers then and now. I do have a little bias with these questions because I just love the show.
                                Last edited by En.; 08-30-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎