X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheDivinitus
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    What are some of shows you guys feel are underrated? That you loved but went under the radar of most people? Mine are Deadwood and Generation Kill.
    Beautifully filmed "Peaky Blinders"
    blog

Comment

• Zerogravity
      • Mar 2015

I recently saw this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4226388/ Fantastic movie shot in one single long take by Sturla Brandth Grøvlen in the Kreuzberg and Mitte (Berlin) neighborhoods.

Comment

• nathaliew817
        • Sep 2014

I just saw Death Note, it's my second anime I ever watched, and it was great. Very dark, moody, evil and with epic mindgames.

I think lots of people here will like it despite it being an anime.
        V A N II T A S

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Finished my beloved Hannibal and now mildly want to off myself as nothing will ever top it. Unless they do a film or another season a few years down the line as Fuller hopes to.

Comment

• deadboy
            • Jul 2013

Someone mentioned Mr. Robot a while back. Definitely a great watch, and a bit stunning to see a show that's so openly anti-consumerist, anti-corporate and borderline misanthropic sandwiched between commercial breaks.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
              Someone mentioned Mr. Robot a while back. Definitely a great watch, and a bit stunning to see a show that's so openly anti-consumerist, anti-corporate and borderline misanthropic sandwiched between commercial breaks.
              I'm quite interested in this. Apparently the finale got cancelled/delayed due to some IRL shootings here in the US unfortunately.

Along the lines of the Wire, I really enjoyed Treme. Rarely hear people talk about it. Extremely talented roster of actors (and musicians) and really goes deep into New Orleans culture!
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I got through the first season of Treme, but couldn't get hooked. I think it's more me than the show though.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

I wouldn't call The Wire underrated. I would call it the best show of all time though.
                  You really rate The Wire over The sopranos?

Regarding Ray, Liev & Jon carry the show. I hate pretty much all the women in it.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I rate the Wire over everything, and one step, but at least two. It's not even TV - it's social commentary and investigative journalism made in a form of a TV series. You should read up on David Simon's career and then everything will fall into place.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I got through the first season of Treme, but couldn't get hooked. I think it's more me than the show though.
                      It is more drama than anything else. I had finished The Wire maybe a year prior to starting Treme and was initially disappointed with the lack of gang/violence in the show (part of what made The Wire gripping). As I got deeper into the storylines and the show really exposes you to the New Orleans culture and world, when there is violence, it really is shocking and MEANS something in the show. Very well done :)
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deadboy
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        I'm quite interested in this. Apparently the finale got cancelled/delayed due to some IRL shootings here in the US unfortunately.
                        Was going to make a comment about how, given the frequency of shootings in the U.S., you'd think the bar for postponing a TV show would be a bit higher. Then looked up which shooting it was. Fair enough, I guess.

Comment

• skullkid
                          • Aug 2015

agreed. the foods and music sre amazing

here is 1 of the food blog

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                          Hannibal most definitely. Seems like no one knew about it or maybe it was deemed too "slow" by the average american.

Comment

• josephine beuys
                            • May 2015

I recently watched Adam Curtis' documentary series "The Century of the Self". It aired on BBC in 2002, yet, in my opinion, it is still absolutely relevant. Simply put, it's about Freud's theory of psychoanalysis, and how it has influenced the past century as it infiltrated every personal, social, economic and political aspect of western society. It's an excellent narrative on how Freud's ideas were abused by those in power, how our conception of the Self came to be and how the abuse of psychoanalysis paved the way to said Self, which defines itself through consumption.
                            If you're already an expert on that topic I still recommend watching it, as it is extremely well cut.
                            Couldn't find an official trailer, but here's a little audiovisual insight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ykR5x6ZdI

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don't know about the effect of psychoanalysis on our world but I love your username.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

Agree!
                                Paging MRBeuys

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢