X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naturalalmonds
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
    I started watching "Master of none" on Netflix. Really enjoying it. It´d been a while since I watched a comedy that felt as refreshing as this one. Anzari nails it and the rest of the cast is very good as well.
    It has a few bits that are overly quirky and twee but they´re not too recurrent.
    I couldn't get through the first episode. Anzari's brand of high pitched whining and the obnoxious, forced "realness" of the characters got to be too much by the time they were arguing over pasta or something in a cafe.
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Mezeinee
      • Apr 2015

I just watched The Green Inferno by Eli Roth last night, after learning it will never be shown in the cinemas (at least in Germany). It was ok, pretty much what you could expect from a Cannibal Holocaust remake.
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• round
        • Aug 2015

Looking for a show similar to Peaky Blinders, currently watching the Knick, although I would love to find something that I could binge watch.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Boardwalk Empire will probably do it for you, spectacular show and the costume design is a sight in itself.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Agreed! Amazing show. "All man's trouble stem from his inability to sit quietly alone in a room."
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              Boardwalk Empire will probably do it for you, spectacular show and the costume design is a sight in itself.
              Already watched all of it, I loved it, one of my favorite quotes from the show was "I am who I am, who else could I be?"

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

You've no doubt checked The Wire and The Sopranos? Not the same time period of course but similar gravity. I unfortunately don't know of any other good current shows based in the late 19th / early 20th.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I hesitate to recommend Penny Dreadful. I find it dreadful, but some people like it. It's certainly gorgeous.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I hesitate to recommend Penny Dreadful. I find it dreadful, but some people like it. It's certainly gorgeous.
                    Ill have to check it out, i'm up for trying any show really, I need something to do with my over abundance of time... I just finished watching Deadwood, waiting on a new season, whenever that comes around, Hell on Wheels is something that I have been trying to force myself to watch because I love the time period, the plot leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

@Arkday yes, I have seen The Sopranos, and most of The Wire, both might be worth re-watching.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I really do appreciate it, and if you have checked out The Knick yet, I highly recommend it.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                      • Apr 2014

This entire season of South Park was amazing. The evolution of advertisement from simple images to paid content portrayed on the show almost looked exaggerated until I recently checked out that whole Museum of Feelings thing, here in N.Y. Nothing but one big pop up walk through of various rooms for shitty Glade candles.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Deadwood is a sleeper hit. I doubt, however, that there will be another season.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Deadwood is a sleeper hit. I doubt, however, that there will be another season.
                          That is quite sad, I must say, was a great show IMO.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I found this article interesting:

Streaming TV Isn't Just A New Way To Watch, It's A New Genre

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

So, I gave Mr. Robot a chance with three episodes. Meh.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

dude, Mr. Robot only gets better...keep going

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎