Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KM80
    • Mar 2008

Anybody watch the Fall? I'm not sure if it's a Netflix show but I guess it's a couple years old and I just got sucked into it, anyways at the beginning of every episode it looks like they use a close up of some label under construction fabric as the backdrop for the title screen, has anyone seen this?!

Comment

• BlacknWhite
      • Apr 2014

Like everybody else, I just finished binge watching Making a Murderer.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

I seem to be the only one, but I watched half of the first episode and just turned it off, it was so boring

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

I mean the shit's 10 hours long, you may want to give it a moment. Although perhaps the gravity is minimized if you live outside the US.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

Been watching Oz. I feel like I need a shower at the end of every episode. I like how none of the characters are safe from meeting their end, though. I'm in the fifth season now so I'm hoping it doesn't burn out.
            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
              I mean the shit's 10 hours long, you may want to give it a moment. Although perhaps the gravity is minimized if you live outside the US.
              Also it doesn't help that I was expecting a fiction and not a documentary (had not read anything about it beforehand other than "omg amazing" from friends). I'm sure the story is compelling, but the pace is too slow for my liking

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
                Also it doesn't help that I was expecting a fiction and not a documentary (had not read anything about it beforehand other than "omg amazing" from friends). I'm sure the story is compelling, but the pace is too slow for my liking
                agreed, i must watch it for work but it's painful. I'm on the ep 8 and I have the feeling the whole thing could have been much more efficient in half the time. it has nothing to do with being american or not, the topic itself is pretty much universal (failure of legal system).
                nevertheless it illustrates a point i made some time ago on sz, that documentary had swallowed fiction techniques (it did not seem obvious to everyone here).
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                  the topic itself is pretty much universal (failure of legal system)
                  Universal, but considering the fixation with civil asset forfeiture and punitive robbery in US police departments I found a lot of dimension to the theory this was revenge for his settlement. Private prisons, debtors prisons, it's all reduced to currency exchange in a remarkably transparent way here.

Could you explain what you mean by swallowed fiction techniques? Not familiar with this idea / couldn't find anything about it.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Christ how had I not seen Peep Show? Insanely hilarious.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                      • Jan 2013

New season of Vikings has started. Consistently been my favorite show, and I think it's way more interesting than Game of Thrones. Be warned though, watching it just makes you want to buy tons of BBS.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                        • Oct 2014

Peep Show is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Probably my favorite non-animated comedy (Simpsons 1-10).

I've been enjoying Man Seeking Woman and Baskets lately. Very different humor but hilarious nonetheless.

Comment

• jefcostello
                          • Jan 2014

Peep Show got me hooked after the part in episode 2 with the answering machine, possibly one of the worst moments in television.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                            New season of Vikings has started. Consistently been my favorite show, and I think it's way more interesting than Game of Thrones. Be warned though, watching it just makes you want to buy tons of BBS.
                            Are seasons 3-4 good? I kind of lost interest mid season 2 for some reason.

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                              Peep Show is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Probably my favorite non-animated comedy (Simpsons 1-10).

I've been enjoying Man Seeking Woman and Baskets lately. Very different humor but hilarious nonetheless.
                              Trying to stick with Man Seeking Woman because it's so imaginative but Baruchel has always been nails on a chalkboard to me. Eric Andre is spectacular as always.

I'll admit that Hitler thing in the first episode had me on the floor. "There's one in our midst!"

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
                                Are seasons 3-4 good? I kind of lost interest mid season 2 for some reason.
                                Beginning-middle of season 3 got very mystical (even more than previous seasons) and I was losing interest, but then they started sieging Paris and it was back to form. Season 4 is holding my attention so far and I like it, but it's getting a bit more 'epic' in the Game of Thrones sense (multiple plotlines/settings). But I would bet that it all comes together nicely soon.

Also for UK viewers, been watching Night Manager (3 eps so far). Very strong cast and source material. First episode was very strong, now it's feeling a bit slow on the uptake but acting is good enough that I'll keep watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎