Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mne
    • Mar 2016

I have recently watched The Childhood of a Leader.

Didn't realise it was a directorial debut from actor Brady Corbet.
    Not to spoil anything but what captivated me the most were disturbing details of camera movements and almost sickening sounds of Scott Walker accompaniment, and that kid Tom Sweet was brilliant.

It's one of those films that you don't regret watching but you wouldn't want to watch again. I suppose it did its job in that sense.
    Last edited by mne; 08-16-2016, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^^Also love "The Night Of" and Mr Robot Season 2. I think Robot season 2 is even better than season 1, so have been super excited about all the experimental stuff they've been doing.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
        ^^Also love "The Night Of" and Mr Robot Season 2. I think Robot season 2 is even better than season 1, so have been super excited about all the experimental stuff they've been doing.
        eh season two just started getting interesting for me, the first season had more going on
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Jtothewhat
          • Oct 2014

I wasn't sure how I felt about season 2, but episode 6 restored my faith in Esmail's creative and aesthetic vision.. and episode 7 made me quite excited for what is to come.

Comment

• mne
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
            eh season two just started getting interesting for me, the first season had more going on
            I agree season two is definitely keeping the momentum and as I streamed it straight after watching the 1st it carried on nicely.. Has anyone taped their cameras yet ? 😉

Comment

• SafetyKat
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by mne View Post
              .. Has anyone taped their cameras yet ? 😉
              I've noticed quite a few people on campus starting to tape the webcams on their laptops. Not sure if this has already been a thing or not, but now I'm going to start asking

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Any comments on Westworld?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Any comments on Westworld?
                  Yes! I thought the first episode was very well done and definitely entertaining and thus worth watching. I never saw the original Westworld movie that the show is based on but the overall take on the integration (and possible threat) of advanced artificial intelligence is one of the better ones that I've seen in a while. While still quite a stretch at this point, the show is definitely relevant to the advance in technology that we are seeing. Good sci-fi, good acting, well shot, what's not to like?
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                    Yes! I thought the first episode was very well done and definitely entertaining and thus worth watching. I never saw the original Westworld movie that the show is based on but the overall take on the integration (and possible threat) of advanced artificial intelligence is one of the better ones that I've seen in a while. While still quite a stretch at this point, the show is definitely relevant to the advance in technology that we are seeing. Good sci-fi, good acting, well shot, what's not to like?
                    Have you seen the British series called Humans?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Have you seen the British series called Humans?
                      Nope! Is it worth checking out?
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Nope! Is it worth checking out?
                        Perhaps. It tackles the same ideas but without the Game of Thrones In the Future entertainment shtick. It's very lifelike.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Perhaps. It tackles the same ideas but without the Game of Thrones In the Future entertainment shtick. It's very lifelike.
                          Ah, the more lifelike, the better. I also just saw that AMC picked it up for a US version but I'll definitely check out the original one first

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Ah, the more lifelike, the better. I also just saw that AMC picked it up for a US version but I'll definitely check out the original one first
                            I forgot to add that you can stream it for free with Amazon Prime.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• imho_essno
                              • Jun 2013

Just watched The Great Beauty by Paolo Sorrentino. Nice movie about dead people who are too rich to understand that they are already dead. Astonishing backgrounds.

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

I am so in Love with Stranger Things right now. I cannot wait for season 2.

Also Mr. Robot.. So good that even Christian Slater is good in it. Do i need to say more?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎