Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Dammit I don't get ICFF passes out of this. How can I scam my way in?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      Dammit I don't get ICFF passes out of this. How can I scam my way in?
      Let me see if I can get you in.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

That would be amazing. Please let me know.

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

what are some good outlets / warehouse stores for rick, ann, and other sz brands, and even stuff like band of outsiders, thom browne would be okay too. i already know of century 21 (which one's are best?), but are there other stores as well? thanks in advanced. will be going saturday to wednesday if it makes any difference.
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

none.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BUMMER
              • Feb 2010

Lens replacement NYC

Ok, quick change of subject:
              Has anyone had any great experience with replacing the lenses on their sunglasses here in NY? Friends have suggested Sol Moscot, Selima Optique, that place on Orchard near Houston with the 'Double Happiness' symbol in the window... But no one has any personal experiences with these places to sway me either way, just hearsay.
              I have a pair of Geller Joseph frames and I wanna upgrade the lenses. I'm thinking polarized/glass. Please post your suggestions/testimonials.
              Thanks..!

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

i'm not sure if any of those places actually does the tinting/polarizing. my lenses were sent out and i probably paid a premium to do it at a high-end store. maybe check out any chinatown joint to see if they can do it cheaper and faster..

in other news, a LIRR conductor who got paid $239,000 is among 8,000 other MTA employees with 6-figure salaries.

seriously, fuck that noise..

Comment

• May 2007

As far as I know they special order the lenses for sunglasses from the manufacturer in most cases. Prices vary a bit from place to place. If I had to pick one place I'd say Sol Moscot because they've been around a long time...

There's another place on west broadway in tribeca (on the east side of the street a few blocks north of Chambers) that had a better price for Persol lenses than Selima did. Give them a shot too.

Comment

• Who?
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BUMMER View Post
                    Ok, quick change of subject:
                    Has anyone had any great experience with replacing the lenses on their sunglasses here in NY? Friends have suggested Sol Moscot, Selima Optique, that place on Orchard near Houston with the 'Double Happiness' symbol in the window... But no one has any personal experiences with these places to sway me either way, just hearsay.
                    I have a pair of Geller Joseph frames and I wanna upgrade the lenses. I'm thinking polarized/glass. Please post your suggestions/testimonials.
                    Thanks..!
                    Unless the optical you go to has an on site lab, there is really no difference in where you choose to bring your frames because the lenses will likely be made and mounted at one of the larger lens manufacturing companies labs, such as Hoya, Varilux or Zeiss. All of which make very high quality and comparable lenses, even the opticals that grind their own lenses usually get blanks from these companies. Depending on where the lab is located, turn around for a simple job like polarized lens should be 3-5 days if the lab is close, faster with an on site lab. A good optician will go over materials with you such as glass, cr-39, poly and help you choose the one that fits your need and lifestyle. Just a quick warning about polarized lenses, in some cases you wont be able to see certain LCD screens because the direction of the emitted light will match the direction of light blocked by the polarized lenses. Not a big deal but to some people that spend the day looking at a LCD phone or dashboard display it may not be the best choice.
                    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• BUMMER
                      • Feb 2010

lens replacement NYC

Hey guys,
                      Appreciate all the help!-Thanks especially to Who?
                      Yeah, I think the guys at the 'Double Happiness' store have an in-store lab.. so i'm leaning toward them. Will price/quality compare with Sol Moscot, Selima and some Chinatown spots. Will give you a full report!
                      In the meantime, any more testimonials would be helpful!
                      Thanks again!

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

where can i find baller baby/toddler clothes in nyc?

Comment

• May 2007

Check out all saints, they had some pretty good baby clothes if you don't mind baller baby knock-offs.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

Comment

• t-bone
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            How baller are we talking? My GF used to work for Lucky Wang, which is kind of quirky and Asian influenced, there is one on bway and 11th and one on 7th ave at 15th. She's the pro, and says the ballin-ist spots are Makie (on Thompson), Estella on (6th Ave), and Flora + Henri (on the UES).

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by image View Post
                              Check out all saints, they had some pretty good baby clothes if you don't mind baller baby knock-offs.
                              I must say, I was enamored! Was thinking to buy a drkshdw hoodie knockoff, but for $70, fuck that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• May 2007

I went today with a stylist friend and we both thought the prices were pretty high for knock-offs. Saw some really decent things though...the rick sneakers knockoffs were good for around 180, some other decent shoes, and some of the leather pieces...but I'd rather pay double for the real thing on sale. :)

The fit though...wasn't comparable for the pieces she tried on.

I was impressed too. Some really good pieces in the mix. I'll probably go back and look around a bit more.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I must say, I was enamored! Was thinking to buy a drkshdw hoodie knockoff, but for $70, fuck that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎