Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KM80
    • Mar 2008

I didn't make it to IF when I was there in the summer, was kind of bummed about that. I did get to Atelier though and didn't get any Jerky vibe, I looked like a straight up summer scumbag to (My daytime NY uniform was cut offs and $30 nikes I bought from C21 the first day there), so I wasn't expecting the good service I received.

Originally posted by Magic1 View Post
    I stopped by IF a couple times when I was in nyc this summer and it's a great place. Far preferable to atelier, although atelier has some brands that IF doesn't. The feel of atelier was really cold (I know it's purposeful), and the staff were jerks and not all that knowledgable if I remember. The only perk is to see some brands that you'd otherwise only see online.

IF felt like a place I wanted to stay and wander through for hours. Plus, the owner has his own line of belts that I thought were pretty cool. So check that out.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aussy View Post

that said, any LES bar recommendations? housewarming party there friday so I'll be around
      Depends what kind of vibe you want. As far as a dive, I like St Jeromes in the LES. Something classier (somewhat), Back Room is cool I guess. There isn't too much in the LES. Beauty and Essex is okay as it Hotel Chantelle.
      "My Roll is to Rock"
      -Jimmy Page

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

i will be in new york nov. 13-15 for class and will have a ton of free time. i am staying at the hampton hotel a block up from atelier and rick owens. besides those two what are other good places to poke around clothing wise? i havent been able to find IF and i goto oak and seven but usually just in passing if i'm in the area. is anything going on at the MET those few days? i'm taking any suggestions right now !

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

IF is very easy to find and not at all hidden. It's on the corner of Grand and Greene, and it's definitely a must-visit.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
            • Dec 2010

IF isn't that easy to find if you don't know where to look. Look for the flag outside because there's nothing on the windows IIRC.
            "My Roll is to Rock"
            -Jimmy Page

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

Yeah it's easy to miss:

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Well yeah it's difficult to find if you've never seen NYC before, and were blindfolded and unleashed in the center of Times Square with no map and no cell phone, but otherwise it's right in the center of Soho, across from Alex Wang and next to Lucky Jeans. It's not Darklands or Rue Herold we're talking about here.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                  Yeah it's easy to miss:
                  lol..
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

hahahaha....nothing beats Darklands and L`eclaireur in terms of easy accessability...
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                      Well yeah it's difficult to find if you've never seen NYC before, and were blindfolded and unleashed in the center of Times Square with no map and no cell phone, but otherwise it's right in the center of Soho, across from Alex Wang and next to Lucky Jeans. It's not Darklands or Rue Herold we're talking about here.
                      Or if you're not from NYC and you're not used to looking in every direction for fucking tourists, cyclists, cabs and random store flags that are two stories up.
                      "My Roll is to Rock"
                      -Jimmy Page

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I've walked past IF once years ago. the flag is actually pretty high up
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                          • Jun 2011

I'll be in new york next week 16-20th anyone know of a legitimate short term furnished apt rental company or maybe even know someone that rents out a room. I'm traveling with a buddy and were really just looking for a crash pad. I searched Craigslist but most of those listings seem like scams as they respond back to set up a money gram transaction. Maybe that is legitimate but I am still hesitant with that, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, please pm me.
                          -v_o_t
                          sale items

Comment

• Ochre
                            • Sep 2009

Performance of Coltrane's Ascension this Wednesday @ Jazz Standard. Should be great.

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by voice_on_tape View Post
                              I'll be in new york next week 16-20th anyone know of a legitimate short term furnished apt rental company or maybe even know someone that rents out a room. I'm traveling with a buddy and were really just looking for a crash pad. I searched Craigslist but most of those listings seem like scams as they respond back to set up a money gram transaction. Maybe that is legitimate but I am still hesitant with that, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, please pm me.
                              airbnb.com. there's basically nothing else.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                                • Jun 2011

^thanks that is just what I needed!
                                -v_o_t
                                sale items

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢