X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ochre
    • Sep 2009

Jesus christ.

Brooklyn band Nymph presents a rare "ambient documentary" about the mythical Japanese political psych-noise pioneers Les Rallizes Denudes, the ultimate revolutionary cult band whose bass player was a member of the Japanese Red Army "terrorist group" and part of the faction that hijacked a plane with samurai swords and GOT AWAY WITH IT, achieving refugee status in Commie North Korea, thus sending the unsuspecting guitarist, leader, auteur and songwriter Takashi Mizutani into a paranoiac downward spiral and eventually into hiding, wherefrom he would emerge every half-decade to demolish adoring crowds with sheets of noise, feedback and naive songcraft.

Last edited by Ochre; 11-14-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• t-bone
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
      Performance of Coltrane's Ascension this Wednesday @ Jazz Standard. Should be great.
      wat?

5char

Comment

• Ochre
        • Sep 2009

(scroll down to Nov 16th)

Care to join?

Comment

• t-bone
          • Dec 2009

No I think its dumb!

Comment

• Ochre
            • Sep 2009

wat..

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

figured i'd post this here -
              anyone been to berlin AND has a good feel of ny? i keep reading and hearing that berlin, mitte specifically is the "new new york". Never been to berlin but i've been thinking about it for about a year...i know it can't possibly be even close to nyc but wonder if there are areas with a nice feel to them...

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Both Berlin and NYC are huge and have many individual neighborhoods within them. I don't think you could call Mitte "the new york of berlin" or anything like that. Mitte is sort of like a mix of the east village and nolita. Ask theaddict for more info.

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

oh hell yes, was told it was like williamsburg
                  east village + nolita is much more up my alley. this is beginning to sound even sweeter...

Comment

• kiddcao
                    • Jan 2010

does anyone know when does barneys new york go on sale?

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

Mitte is considered one of the more stylish places in Berlin, lots of galleries, people are quite wealthy (especially for Berlin standards), restaurants are stylish and so forth. But of course its different to NY, nothing is like NY. If you like the east village, then you might be better off in Kreuzberg, Neukölln, Friedrichshain. There its rougher, lots of bars, clubs, no high heels...if thats your style.
                      I prefer Mitte since I like it at least a bit more upscale and settled now. I mean Berlin is a poor city and taking into account that Germany`s economy is doing so well one could have the idea that the capital should be doing well, it isnt. So unless you go to old West Berlin, Kurfürstendamm and other west parts, you wont find too many conservative old school places...compared to NY.

Make sure to go to Berghain once, the best and craziest club in the world. Make sure to wear SZ gear and you wont have problems to get in. Its not like NY where you can pop up with a bunch of hot girls, upstream the line and ask the bouncer if you can get in bc you are cool and have cute girls with you. Thats not how it works in Berlin. The world is upside down in Berlin, no bottles and models...hahahaha at least not where the cool kids play...
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

thanks ta-
                        going to pull the trigger on a ticket next week and try and find a little something on airbnb.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

as for "mitte being the new nyc", sounds like an unimaginative advertisement. but the city is certainly worth visiting.

I don't live in either but have visited both a lot, I would say mitte is somewhat similar to soho. used to be a more bohemian alternative to upscale neighborhoods but nowadays they are popular with more and more tourists. I can bear going to either neighborhood and I think they are worth seeing, but I'm sure many locals consider them somewhat spoiled. This is at least how I've seen/imagined it, but again I'm not local.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

i just got back and i've heard that people prefer the staff at IF over atelier and i must say atelier's staff is very friendly and helpful. i also found the same for IF. i probably met a few sz'ers up there but don't really want to say "HEY I KNOW YOU FROM THE INTERNET!" in a real life situation. so to anyone i met while there, !

Comment

• Magic1
                              • Jan 2011

^I think I was the only one with a bad experience at atelier. everyone else seems to have had a great time. Maybe I just popped in on a bad day. I'll visit again

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

thinking about bouncing to greenpoint in december...would save about 400 bucks a month. about to pull the trigger, gotta make a decision. i've been killing myself over what to do ?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎