X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Gents, where do you cut your hair? I need a new dresser.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Faust you should go to my guy. I used to have a hair stylist friend of mine cut my hair, and since it's short on the sides he told me that whenever I needed the sides buzzed, to just go to any local barber for like $14. So I started going to Rafael's on 1st ave between 9th and 10th st. They do such a good job that now I just go to them for everything, and it's super cheap. Bonus points for you: they speak russian! Also recommend by t-bone, hommedeguerre, and ochre.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Done! Thank you. I will check them out.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

I'm coming to Manhattan for an apartment hunting visit for 7 days in early May.

Would I be naive to do this without a broker via calling listing from say Trulia. I'm gonna look in the $2200-$3200 for 1bd/1ba 400-600sq ft range, which suggests that there are an ample number of places in the neighborhoods I like, but with only 7 days, should I just call up a broker and get things lined up or try on my own?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks everyone,
          DxD

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I am not familiar with the vagaries of the real estate market in Manhattan, but from what I hear it's uber brutal, especially the rentals these days, so I'd say enlisting a broker is a very good idea. Your price range is entirely reasonable (you'll probably find something in the middle of it), so you should be ok.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

WTF, heatwave tomorrow...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Gents, where do you cut your hair? I need a new dresser.
                i used to go to dickson's on houston and allen, Severin is bad ass and i have nothing good to say about the place except for the last time i tried to get an appointment they were booked for like a month straight and i needed a cut bad! it was late at night and the only place that was opened was shampoo avenue b in the east village. well, they couldn't get me in that night but they got me in early the next morning and what can i say? BEST HAIRCUT IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! place may seem a little "whatever", but trust me, it's not. The staff is very nice, from the front desk to the shampoo gals - and other stylists not even cutting your hair... they use great product (did i just say "product"?), and the haircut is KILLER! I got cut by Grant and I gotta say - SON OF A B! THIS DUDE KILLS IT! I got this cut in January and yes, it's april now and it is still rockin'. Sounds like a yelp review but trust me, go - Grant kills it. and he's cool. Thanks grant!

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

i love me some breakfast.....curious to hear your favorite breakfast spot in ny. In the city - I LOVE Yaffa Cafe. It's nothing special i guess but man, it truly hits the spot. plus, every time i go - it's empty, which is nice because I can have a conversation with the person i'm with and just chill out. And the employees are always cool. I make myself a bagel sandwich with eggs and bacon. coffee is great and service has always been awesome.
                  in brooklyn, EGG. wow. Their eggs rothko is freakin' UNBELIEVABLE. The downside is it's always packed and you can barely walk, yes, the hipster brunch scene...i always get it to go and slam that thing down like there's no tomorrow. I love breakfast.

Comment

• t-bone
                    • Dec 2009

Breakfast/Brunch

By home in BK:

Rucola - Thank god this place opened, been here probably 15 times already this year for breakfast, brunch, or dinner
                    Rosewater - When i feel like waiting
                    7th Avenue Donut Shop - Actually a diner/lunch counter that my brothers go to for breakfast every Friday morning, really unassuming but they have an amazing sausage/egg/potato combo special (with juice and coffee!!!) for like $4

By the office:
                    Johny's Luncheonette - Just go if yr ever in Chelsea in the AM same vibe as 7th Avenue but counter service
                    No 7. Subs - Amazing breakfast sandwiches

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

In and around Soho, I like Cupping Room, Ino (doesn't open before 9 though), and Cafe Cafe (very "basic" but good, opens early)
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

Clinton Street Baking Company truly does have the best pancakes/french toast in the city. Don't even bother trying to go on the weekends though.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Rosewater brunch is a cut above the rest. My new fave. Balthazar for bkfst is a must at least once - hype or not (actually its the only bearable time of the day there). second Ino - the truffled egg toast is ambrosia.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Balthazar for bkfst is a must at least once - hype or not (actually its the only bearable time of the day there).
                            agreed, I go every time I'm in the city. its sceney, but fun, and the food is good. Only thing I don't like is some of their breads.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              agreed, I go every time I'm in the city. its sceney, but fun, and the food is good. Only thing I don't like is some of their breads.
                              you're crazy!

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I don't like it when they cram all sorts of nuts, fruit etc into bread

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎