• Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

Thanks! Will check it out :)

Comment

• H-R
      • May 2007

I will be going to a wedding at Per Se on the first week of June and in a lot of reviews for Per Se, it's mentioned that jacket is required. Does anyone know if this means wearing business suit? Or do I have some leeway to work with eg. blazers from Ann Dem or Yohji etc?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

doesn't "jacket required" in the US usually mean that you can't come in khaki shorts and a t-shirt?

either way, in the case of a wedding I'd be more concerned about the event itself than the location.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

i saw this browsing brownstoner.com it's the Lowe's 46th st theater in Borough Park? some furniture store is using this place as storage. pretty amazing place..

The Loew’s 46th Street Theatre opened on October 9, 1927 as the Universal Theatre. It was designed by John Eberson, a famous theater architect known for his atmospheric style auditoriums. According…

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Wow..
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

yah that makes me all warm and tingly inside. such love for derelict places.

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Check out Lowe's Canal Street as well

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by H-R View Post
                  I will be going to a wedding at Per Se on the first week of June and in a lot of reviews for Per Se, it's mentioned that jacket is required. Does anyone know if this means wearing business suit? Or do I have some leeway to work with eg. blazers from Ann Dem or Yohji etc?
                  baller wedding. at per se you can get away with wearing an ann or yohji blazer. they're not that stuffy.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I wonder what the rent must be for a furniture store to deem it to be a reasonable price just for storage considering the seating area would be "wasted space" in terms of usable sq footage for storing.

Someone should just gut it and turn it into an awesome store or interesting living space.

I love these "finds" in Manhattan. There are so many huge spaces in the Chinatown area that I would walk by that are just boarded up/chained up and I wonder whats behind there and who is paying to hold onto that real estate.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

^^ most likely squatter storage space..

just came back from dinner at casa enrique in hunters point, lic.

highly recommended for refreshing mexican food. hard to find in this city...

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

Such a great space for a photo shoot! Even the muted colors work well for me....

Completely random question, but after just moving to NYC, is there an equivalent "culture / events" website to squidlist.org or sfstation.com in NYC? There is so much in this city, but it's really hard (for me) to find condensed lists. Is there such a thing here for someone who boycotts Facebook and Twitter?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

OK-I need some dance club advice for places to go to in Manhattan.

Obviously NYC used to have all my favorites that I'd drive 10 hours to attend, 10 years ago.....Tunnel, Twilo, club kid venues etc.

These days I have no idea where to go and it's a shame because I actually live here now....

So, does anyone have some insight other than "Manhattan doesn't have any good dance clubs anymore."

There must be something right?

Any reviews on Le Bain, Cielo, Greenhouse, WIP, Pacha etc? I did see a great minimal techno event at "Home Sweet Home" or whatever that little bar is, but is there a dance floor around town that isn't filled with Gucci wearing people that stand around and don't dance?

I see Danny Tenaglia is playing at Pacha soon.....but Pacha.....wow....

For reference, I like oldschool, minimal techno, "good" house, drum and bass, jungle, breaks, dubstep, trance etc. Good old "dance music". haha

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

Find the nearest stuck-in-the-past mid-40s New Yorker, or any random Eurotrash dude and ask them.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^^Sounds like a horrible idea.

Looking more for an underground sorta place? Or, do Eurotrash types actually frequent "good music" venues in NYC? haha If so, then that's not good.....

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Ha! Mike gave you a total dj dick answer. typical.

My rule of thumb when traveling is to go to a record store and vibe out with the people there. Check out fliers on the wall, you'll find what you're looking for.

Also while shopping around ask the salespeople. I've always found them really excited about whatever they're into. Set up your gauge and have fun.

Originally posted by Shucks
                                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎