Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chandler
    • Jan 2011

Thanks for all the info in this thread. Put it to good use (for the most part) on recent trip. Was disappointed w WD50-- horrible service and food was well below hype. On the other hand, had a great time at The Meatball Shop

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Looking for an experienced photographer for a commercial project for a NYC fashion line. 2 days, January 12/13 - lookbook + editorial. Also looking for a makeup or hair/makup artist for the same project. All paid. Message me with/for details.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

What are the current suggestions for 3 star hotels around $300? I'll need 10-15 rooms and everyone has a different budget.

Edit: Rooms needed in mid September for 5+ nights. Location wise - Manhattan (midtown preferred but I know this will the most expensive area). Brooklyn only if train into Manhattan is 5 min walking distance. Most the guests will not be familiar with NYC hence the preference to be right in Manhattan.

I've checked into some of the places mentioned in this thread like The Ace Hotel, Library, Bryant Park and all are above $300 per night for mid September.
        Last edited by sshum88; 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM.
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

what location?
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

You can try Ian Shrager's hotels. They are no longer fashionable but still great.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Hmm, the ones you mentioned are sometimes around the $300 mark but maybe not that time of the year. Try Mondrian, Giraffe or Soho/Tribeca Grand? I imagine you could get a better rate if its that many rooms.

edit:

shit, prices do indeed seem to jump a lot, literally from $300 in feb to $600 in sept... I would still try and ask some of the hotels for group rates
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sshum88
                • Dec 2007

^ A, E, & to others for their suggestions

thanks for the suggestions. It seems that it must be the start of trade show season or something as a number of hotels already show as being fully booked. And as A pointed out, the prices jump significantly from month to month. For those who may also be looking, I've also used booking.com and hotels.com to look at places.

Edit - Fashion week is Sep 5-12. But there must be something else from Sep 13-18 as a property I was considering mid-town jumped $50 in the last 48h.
                Last edited by sshum88; 02-11-2013, 11:35 PM.
                Originally posted by eat me
                If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Could be the NY Fashion Week.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

airbnb?
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• cmitso412
                      • Feb 2010

Hudson hotel on 58th St has 4 stars and has rooms in many price ranges. I've never stayed there, but been there for drinks and such. I really liked what I saw and experienced of the lobby, bar, "library" and staff.

I don't think it would be good for a bunch of stuffy people, but if that doesn't describe your group then you may want to check it out.

It has an awesome balcony on the main level for drinks and fresh air. Its in midtown and seems to be in the price range you're looking for, but if you need big rooms then it doesn't seem like it will work.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

^Yeah, I live in Hell's Kitchen and always recommend friends stay at either Hudson, as mentioned above or at Belvedere on 48th between 8th and 9th.

This way they are close to all transit lines and central to everything. Both hotels get great reviews. There's more to do internally at the hotel if you stay at Hudson and lots to do in the external immediate neighborhood if staying at Belvedere.

Comment

• mike
                          • Dec 2006

can anyone recommend a good tailor, preferably downtown?

Comment

• LOVE
                            • Dec 2007

hong kong tailor jack

Comment

• thinbuddha
                              • Jul 2011

There is a great tailor across from Arlene's Grocery - forget the name but they're quite good and quick.

Comment

• thinbuddha
                                • Jul 2011

Anyone check out the fashion and Impressionism exhibit at the met yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎