X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIERRELEGRAND
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by mainstayer0 View Post
    anyone have any dry cleaners to recommend? specifically, ones who can handle delicate rick fabrics
    I'd recommend Chris French Cleaners off of Astor Place. They're really careful and surprisingly friendly for the amount of work they do. The tailor there is really good too. She did great work on a Ziggy Chen shirt jacket I have, along with some Siki Im shorts that I didn't think were salvedgeable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yes, their tailor is excellent. Done some work there. Didn't want to recommend it for dry-cleaning since I have not done it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mainstayer0
        • Sep 2015

Conveniently located within walking distance of The Firm. I'll check them out, thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

Yeah, the tailor at CF is awesome. I've had her do work on two Yohji coats and an Ann trench and shorten the hems on a bunch of pants. Always great quality. Dry cleaning is ok, kind of expensive. $50 for a coat.
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Why do so many excellent NY restaurants still treat coffee as an afterthought? I find it inexcusable in this day and age. So tired of having a nice, expensive meal and than getting a shitty coffee at its end.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Why do so many excellent NY restaurants still treat coffee as an afterthought? I find it inexcusable in this day and age. So tired of having a nice, expensive meal and than getting a shitty coffee at its end.
              It's the same with tea. Dropping $$$ and getting a steeped tea bag in mildly hot water for $5? I've literally considered just carrying my own with me XD
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Yes, please order tea, but request the teabag on the side, and then leave an empty cup with the teabag untouched next to used loose leaves as a passive aggressive slight.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                  It's the same with tea. Dropping $$$ and getting a steeped tea bag in mildly hot water for $5? I've literally considered just carrying my own with me XD
                  This is what my girlfriend does, it's pretty hilarious actually. Not sure if I'd get away with it but she always does.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Actually, it would be fun to carefully and politely explain that "your tea is terrible, so i am forced to bring my own."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

If anyone here is a fan of Northern Thai food, I recently had the immense pleasure of eating at Somtum Der in Alphabet City. Probably the best Thai I've had in NY and much better than Pok Pok. I felt like my mom was in the kitchen cooking, and verything was also incredibly well priced. We were a party of 4, split 10 dishes and a bottle of wine and the bill came out to around $120.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Law
                        • Dec 2013

My experience so far in NY, you could interchange the word "coffee" with "food"

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                          My experience so far in NY, you could interchange the word "coffee" with "food"
                          Well, that's on you - plenty fantastic food in NY

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Well, that's on you - plenty fantastic food in NY
                            Maybe, but it's vastly over rated for the most part.

Comment

• Comotomo
                              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                              If anyone here is a fan of Northern Thai food, I recently had the immense pleasure of eating at Somtum Der in Alphabet City. Probably the best Thai I've had in NY and much better than Pok Pok. I felt like my mom was in the kitchen cooking, and verything was also incredibly well priced. We were a party of 4, split 10 dishes and a bottle of wine and the bill came out to around $120.
                              I liked it very much too! They just received a michelin star, hopefully the food remains authentic.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                                Thanks for this. I'm heading to NYC on Tuesday and will definitely try to go there!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎