X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADreamofBlue
    • Sep 2015

Stay safe, New Yorkers. :'(

Propaganda video shows man strapping explosive device to himself along with images of New York City, in apparent threat to U.S.
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

thought this might come in handy.

Comment

• _AR
        • Oct 2013

edit: nevermind
        Last edited by _AR; 12-22-2015, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• SafetyKat
          • Aug 2014

Hey guys, I just wanted to share that I recently got accepted to FIT's textile development program. I'm estatic about moving to NYC, also a little nervous. I feel like Manhattan well be a bit of a culture shock compared to South Philadelphia, but I'm exited to jump in and explore. Any advice would be greatly apeciated

Comment

• round
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
            Who'd you see?
            Sorry for the late reply, I saw my friends band Huffers who opened, then Stringer, Slonk Donkerson, and Sweet Baby Jesus.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
              Hey guys, I just wanted to share that I recently got accepted to FIT's textile development program. I'm estatic about moving to NYC, also a little nervous. I feel like Manhattan well be a bit of a culture shock compared to South Philadelphia, but I'm exited to jump in and explore. Any advice would be greatly apeciated
              Get an unlimited MetroCard. Avoid Midtown 7 days a week and SoHo and Williamsburg on weekends. Prepare to overpay for a shitty apartments and nutty roommates. Come to SZ parties.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

NYC isn't that bad for adjustment in my opinion. I came from the outskirts of a village with population around 1800. Depends completely on the individual and how you choose to deal with the stimulation onslaught.

My main advice for a fashion student, however, is to intern, intern, intern. College does not really prepare you for the work world. Try out as much as you can so that you can see what you like and don't, what size operations you are comfortable in, &c.

Edit: Also what Faust said. Midtown/Timesquare are what I avoid at all costs.
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Get an unlimited MetroCard. Avoid Midtown 7 days a week and SoHo and Williamsburg on weekends. Prepare to overpay for a shitty apartments and nutty roommates. Come to SZ parties.
                  -Keep the receipt just in case you lose that card.
                  -Don't buy people's mixtapes on the subway. They're blank. Yes, this is a real thing.

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by round View Post
                    Sorry for the late reply, I saw my friends band Huffers who opened, then Stringer, Slonk Donkerson, and Sweet Baby Jesus.
                    I went to high school with the Slonk Donkerson fools -- Fox Lane actually.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                      -Keep the receipt just in case you lose that card.
                      -Don't buy people's mixtapes on the subway. They're blank. Yes, this is a real thing.
                      Or better yet have malware on them.

Comment

• round
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                        I went to high school with the Slonk Donkerson fools -- Fox Lane actually.
                        Holy shit, small world man.. Im going to another show in Yonkers soon to see Huffers and some others who I'm not really familiar with bessides One Fell Swoop, the guys from Slonk Donkerson will probably stop by as it is One Fell Swoop's final show.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Right I ran into the drummer by my office the other day, supposed to grab a beer after the holidays.

Comment

• round
                            • Aug 2015

Anyone in NYC who wants to meet up tomorrow? I don't celebrate Christmas, I'm not sure who else on this forum isn't going to be celebrating with family, but if there is anyone around who wants to meet up, just send me a PM.

Comment

• PIERRELEGRAND
                              • Apr 2014

So, how many of you are working in fashion in NYC? If so, in what area and for how long? I've been freelancing in the city in sales for about a year after moving back to the states from Paris. Obviously I am interested in getting into it full time and it seems that something solid is coming up after the New Year. Just trying to get the word out some more and build up that ever so important network.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                                • Aug 2014

Stay away from subway cds eh? Sounds like the NY metro is a bit more ambitious than Philadelphia's

Thank you for the replies everyone. Metro card? check Parties? sure thing

Now to finish my list of things I want to do when i get there... and try not blow all of my savings immediately

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎