Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADreamofBlue
    • Sep 2015

Does anybody have a hair stylist they'd recommend? Preferably in the Brooklyn area. I searched the thread and came up with nothing. My hair is getting a bit unruly and if need be, I'll just shave it down for the duration of my being here.
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• SafetyKat
      • Aug 2014

Peter Murphy at the City Winery 12/11/16

http://www.citywinery.com/newyork/ti...ped-12-11.html

Comment

• david s
        • Jul 2010

If anyone gets the chance to see Taylor Mac's 24 Decade History of American Music, in any form, go see it

It was fucking amazing, I went to the 24 hour show over the weekend.

Mind blowing

Review here
        It's absolutely Hedious!
        shy poser

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Justice is doing a DJ set at Flash Factory tonight! Event is free but obviously entry is based on capacity. Time says from 10pm to 4am so who knows when they'll actually be on stage
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Can anyone recommend good performances spaces for a concert or sound installation? Looking to produce some events but finding an appropriate and affordable place is proving difficult.
            music

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by casem View Post
              Can anyone recommend good performances spaces for a concert or sound installation? Looking to produce some events but finding an appropriate and affordable place is proving difficult.
              Hit up Arkady
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Dropt
                • May 2009

Hey Nyers, what are your favourite bars/clubs to hit in Manhattan/Brooklyn? For clubs looking for some cool deep house but don't mind noisier stuff. Preferably not super expensive and alternative crowd. I heard Analog BKNY is alright?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Arkady and Ahimsa should be able to tell you about clubs. I went with them to BKNY once and it was OK. I feel like it's not the venue so much that drives the night but the DJs, no?

For bars, can you narrow it down a bit? I have no idea what an alternative crowd is anymore. Say, you might like Bushwick, and I may wish the entire neighborhood would go up in flames already and rid the earth of its pretensions. :-)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                    Hey Nyers, what are your favourite bars/clubs to hit in Manhattan/Brooklyn? For clubs looking for some cool deep house but don't mind noisier stuff. Preferably not super expensive and alternative crowd. I heard Analog BKNY is alright?
                    Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Arkady and Ahimsa should be able to tell you about clubs. I went with them to BKNY once and it was OK. I feel like it's not the venue so much that drives the night but the DJs, no?

For bars, can you narrow it down a bit? I have no idea what an alternative crowd is anymore. Say, you might like Bushwick, and I may wish the entire neighborhood would go up in flames already and rid the earth of its pretensions. :-)
                    Exactly so, Faust.

It's about the promoters/organizers mostly.
                    My favorite is Unter - very Berghain, best crowd. They do a 36-hour show once in a while they put on with Bunker. They've pulled acts like Rodhad, Clouds, Randomer, etc. Most of these shows happen at TBA locations like warehouses so the venues are constantly changing. A few of our members are usually at the Unter events.
                    I'd also recommend Bunker and Blkmarket for events. Just get on their mailing lists and you'll be golden.
                    Analog BKNY has a really nice light setup I will say.
                    Flash Factory is also a cool venue but the shows vary drastically.

For bars, my favorite atmosphere is Sel Rrose right now.
                    In terms of fun I really enjoy Lovecraft, which does absinthe cocktails and just plays goth music all day with movies playing, live bands, etc.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

Oh absolutely. I just looked a couple of pages back and Arkady was recommending any event The Bunker might put up and there's apparently one Friday at Analog so might do that… just wanted some different opinions on the place really.

Ha, I wondered why I wrote that after posting it — such a vague adjective. I'm only here for a week and haven't seen Bushwick yet so maybe I'd be more acceptive of the hipster crowd… I guess looking for people that aren't working conventional office jobs and more creative types overall.

Thanks Ahimsa for the heads-up will check these out!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I do like Sel Rrose, indeed. Our friend Scott Mou spins there sometimes on Friday nights, and yes the decor, drinks, crowd are top notch. We did an event there once.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
                          • Jan 2015

I'll be heading to NYC in February. Any cool cultural events to look out for around that time? Mainly interested in exhibits and performances.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Extreme Mildness View Post
                            I'll be heading to NYC in February. Any cool cultural events to look out for around that time? Mainly interested in exhibits and performances.
                            The Dreamlands exhibit at the Whitney Museum was amazing. Easy to get lost in there for more than a while. Its closes on the fifth of February though, If you arrive in NYC before it does I heavily recommend it.
                            Last edited by SafetyKat; 01-08-2017, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
                              • Jan 2015

Damn, I'm only getting there on the 7th at the earliest. It does look like like an amazing exhibit though. Thanks for the tip in any case, SafetyKat!
                              On another note, I realized that fashion week starts on the 9th. Is there anything worthwhile to see for non-VIPs, or does it just mean more crowds and congestion than usual?

Comment

• mikemikemike
                                • Jun 2011

what ended up taking PRAVDAs spot anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎