Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

should be experienced by anyone remotely interested in videogames.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Shadow of the Colossus is definitely one of the best games of all time on pretty much every level.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• tigo
        • May 2009

Originally posted by tron View Post
        So far Dead Island is really fun. I love the environments and just the feeling the game instills in you. It definitely feels like the most realistic zombie game to date (hah) in the sense that I find myself playing how I would actually act during an outbreak. Eg peering around corners to check for groups and always listening for groans or any sign of an attack. I'm only an hour or two in but so far I'm really enjoying the experience. I've read that it gets really hard later in the game if you're playing solo because many of the mobs are designed for 4 players to combat so I'm a little worried that I may not be able to get the full experience without playing online. I'm using a pirated copy so we'll see how many people in tunngle are playing...
        If you like expansive game worlds like in Oblivion and Fallout, then you'll like Dead Island. It's not as open, or as large, but it won't feel as linear as Left4Dead.

I think the game is best played with a few buddies, as the game can get repetitive if you play alone. If you have friends joining you, it can be a blast. Lots of hilarious moments too, if you fool around like closing doors on your buds in a small space with zombies

Also, there's nothing like chucking machetes at the walking dead

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
          should be experienced by anyone remotely interested in videogames.
          I can't wait for the HD bundle. This fall is going to be a busy time for gamers
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• dmash
            • Jun 2011

So.......anybody going to try out this Diablo beta key that seems to be coming in the very near future? I remember playing Diablo 2 quite a few years back and still love that game.

Comment

• tron
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by dmash View Post
              So.......anybody going to try out this Diablo beta key that seems to be coming in the very near future? I remember playing Diablo 2 quite a few years back and still love that game.
              If I were somehow able to get in to the beta I would pretty much quite life and play.
              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• dmash
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by tron View Post
                If I were somehow able to get in to the beta I would pretty much quite life and play.

Apparently the beta will be invite only, but all you have to do is mark on your battle.net account that you'd like to possibly get an invite.

I'm not familiar with how Blizzard usually does this, anybody have an idea of the # of invites they may be throwing out/is it really a possibility to get a beta invite? or will it be a 'need to know somebody' kind of thing and they're just saying you can possibly get an invite to keep consumers happy?

Comment

• volta
                  • May 2009

silent hill (psx)

fantastic what they were capable of forming on the system's resources, truly nothing but genius. the highly intriguing and frightening blood and rust theme instead of the fan-favorite (and overrated) second's decay is very much appealing. this chosen direction accompanied with an experimental noisy soundtrack best described as machines being tortured to death is so well done and unlike anything i've heard since then. combine this with a well-written mindfucking story and gameplay being packed with tons of details makes this an all time fave that should be played loud on the bigscreen, complete with a dark room, for a unique audio & visual experience.

Last edited by volta; 09-10-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by volta View Post
                    soundtrack best described as machines being tortured to death
                    since it fits sz aesthetic somehow á einsturzende neubauten :)
                    hell, even the titles are; dead end, barbed wire, exorcism:

highly recommended.

Comment

• dmash
                      • Jun 2011

Volta-Oh my God, finished that game when it first came out too. That was one of the creepiest games (with the music that constantly played and the 'alone factor' of the game itself) especially when you're a kid playing this in your room at night.

Comment

• volta
                        • May 2009

one of the many reasons why it's so great is beacuse it's all mostly atmosphere and not cheap scares so to call, although those occur too.
                        have you played the other ones? 2 & 3 are essential, after that it went downhill cause the team disbanded.
                        2 is pretty much considered the pinnacle of the series.
                        3 has connections with 1, is even more gritty than it, and easily one of the most impressive creations from last gen.

try them.

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

have you guys played Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's terrifying

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

game of the forever! the wait is unbearable now.

Comment

• tron
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by dmash View Post
                              http://www.1up.com/news/diablo-iii-beta-very-close

Apparently the beta will be invite only, but all you have to do is mark on your battle.net account that you'd like to possibly get an invite.

I'm not familiar with how Blizzard usually does this, anybody have an idea of the # of invites they may be throwing out/is it really a possibility to get a beta invite? or will it be a 'need to know somebody' kind of thing and they're just saying you can possibly get an invite to keep consumers happy?
                              I did that ages ago. Last time I checked they had just sent out the first wave of invites which is friends & blizzard employees I believe

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

I just finished dead island last night.
                                I was actually really impressed with that game despite the reviews / pc bugs. The weapon creation system is really in depth and allows a lot of room for variation. The ambiance in the game was my favorite part though as it actually made me feel like I was a survivor during an outbreak. I'd recommend this game to any zombie fans or anyone that likes open world games

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎