X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
    nor were they that widely available to start with, at least not nearly on the same level as the souls series.
    as available as demon's souls originally. hype, how does it work?

Comment

• tron
      • Dec 2010

My god they weren't kidding when they said dark souls was harder than demon's souls. I mean after the initial 4 hour learning curve Demon souls wasn't that difficult due to rolling/magic but none of that is in Dark souls. Magic can only be charged at checkpoints, rolling isn't as easy, controls are stiffer, enemies are far more aggressive and change up attack patterns. Not to mention they actually chase you this time round. I'm at the gargoyles now and I'm so woefully under prepared even the normal hollows are killing me if I'm not careful. So far its awe inspiring frustration, but I'm assuming it will get better.
      I can't vouch for magic as I've completely avoided it (it was mad over powered in demon souls imo) but yeah it's a lot harder and those gargoyles gave me a ton of trouble as well.

You can get to the forest from the bonfire near the blacksmith though and if you farm 20k souls and unlock the gate in the forest you can farm souls way too easily. Just google dark souls soul farming or something and there will be a video. You basically bait 4 enemies off a cliff and get 10k exp each time. You can level up really easily that way but the most important thing in that game is gear and upgrading said gear. Do you have it for ps3? I'm a high level but we should try and play sometime as I'm gonna start a new character soon.
      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• hamham3002
        • Sep 2008

I just played for a week.. It was hard at first, even with demon souls experience. Its definately harder than demon souls cause the AI is smarter, but not by very much, since there is no half hp soul mode like in demon souls.
        I dunno about you guys, but all the bosses has been quite easy (i guess cause i got the drake sword which was super helpful in the beginning)
        Just wondering, what kind of builds are you guys going for? I'm clueless, and have just been upping vit, str, end and some dex

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hamham3002 View Post
          I just played for a week.. It was hard at first, even with demon souls experience. Its definately harder than demon souls cause the AI is smarter, but not by very much, since there is no half hp soul mode like in demon souls.
          I dunno about you guys, but all the bosses has been quite easy (i guess cause i got the drake sword which was super helpful in the beginning)
          Just wondering, what kind of builds are you guys going for? I'm clueless, and have just been upping vit, str, end and some dex
          I found the gargoyles really hard but the early bosses become regular enemies later in the game so keep that in mind.
          I just went straight STR/END/VIT but I'm completely avoiding miracles / magic. It really depends on how you want to play. Like you can up your int then get a weapon that scales with int and be a battle mage kind of deal. It's pretty open.
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

merz: that's impressive. keeping in mind how complex the game is i assume the same could be said about the character generator, both which you seem to have mastered well. its actually more common in recent times (console gaming atleast), to make your own char with advanced options & features since we're not very limited in that department anymore. sruli recht? considering how populated iceland is..

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

I'm actually playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Quite a good game. I recommend it to all FPS and infiltration lovers games. And especially if you liked the first one.

I love his jacket !

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

They're selling Deux Ex clothing on the website. A collection actually based off of the game, as for instance his trench coat.
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

Off course... Out of stock.
                  But thank for the URL!

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

inject it into my veins now. for all ps3 owners;
                      maaan, 2:10 onwards..

Last edited by volta; 10-16-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

@volta
                        I cannot wait for that game. I'm so glad there's going to be an english version

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by tron View Post
                          I can't vouch for magic as I've completely avoided it (it was mad over powered in demon souls imo) but yeah it's a lot harder and those gargoyles gave me a ton of trouble as well.

You can get to the forest from the bonfire near the blacksmith though and if you farm 20k souls and unlock the gate in the forest you can farm souls way too easily. Just google dark souls soul farming or something and there will be a video. You basically bait 4 enemies off a cliff and get 10k exp each time. You can level up really easily that way but the most important thing in that game is gear and upgrading said gear. Do you have it for ps3? I'm a high level but we should try and play sometime as I'm gonna start a new character soon.
                          I have it on the 360 I'm afraid. I have a decent shield, drake/black knight sword and decent pyromancy spells/flame (Combustion is crazy fast and has a high stock count). Still pretty hard, even when I know what's coming. I swear the controls are far stiffer than they were in DS. I love the concept of covenants even if they are flawed in their execution. What sort of build do you have for your character? I'm avoiding miracles and magic and sticking to melee/bow/pyromancy.

Blightown and tomb of the giants...fuck those places...

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

I have it on the 360 I'm afraid
                            Pure Melee STR + END + VIT
                            I just use the strongest weapon I can find. Right now I'm bouncing between the Dragons Tooth (club?), Dragon Greatsword, and Black Knight Greatsword. I'm on the last boss but just farming ores and such to upgrade my weapons before starting ng+

Blight town was sheer hell just because of the horrible frame rate.
                            I found the Valley of the giants easy but I went in to it with the sun light maggot helm (gives off light) so it was a cake walk (also I'm over leveled)

Comment

• Zenith
                              • Jun 2009

I was very naive thinking that it would be fun to join the forest covenant. Super high level players seem to be camping there to pray on the low levels. Still managed to somehow gain a few kills in the confusion.

I never actually upgraded my weapons in DS until new game + but I think I need to do it this time round, I'm not doing enough damage without resorting to pyromancy.

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

I regret not joining the forest cov because I've missed out on that awesome merchant that sells all the rare stuff in the swamp. I guess I'll get it on ng+. I should probably get some pyromancy stuff too as I've heard it's insanely strong (and stupidly doesn't scale with int but rather your glove's level)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎