X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sinnedk View Post
    Anyone here try Dark Souls? I've passed both dark souls and demons souls and those have been some of the best games i've ever played, super hard and unforgiving! They forced me to keep Arkham City and Skyrim wrapped.
    Beaten both like a jillion times ugh i love them

also volta i was talking about el shaddaih or w/e
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Zenith
      • Jun 2009

Yeah Dark Souls was discussed earlier on in the thread. Great game. Onion bro is the best bro (sorry Solaire).

I really wish they explored the lore of the game a bit more, it's fascinating stuff. Even the tiny bits and pieces that were cut from the game I'd pay a premium to see as DLC. Also, WHAT DOES THE PENDANT DO?!
      GI: "In interviews leading up to Dark Souls’ release, you suggested that players should go with the pendant starting gift. There’s still a lot of confusion and mystery in the community surrounding what this item affects. Now that the game has been out for a while, care to give any further clues?"

HM: "Hm.... I am very happy to get this question because this is exactly what I expected. I am very sorry, I cannot tell you here how you use the item. I still want people to try investigating the meaning of the item. Please find it out on your own! [laughs]"
      Post-patch and it still does nothing...

Comment

• sinnedk
        Banned
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
        Yeah Dark Souls was discussed earlier on in the thread. Great game. Onion bro is the best bro (sorry Solaire).

I really wish they explored the lore of the game a bit more, it's fascinating stuff. Even the tiny bits and pieces that were cut from the game I'd pay a premium to see as DLC. Also, WHAT DOES THE PENDANT DO?!

Post-patch and it still does nothing...
        they are just screwing with us and the damn pendant at this point SMH

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

Are you talking about the starting gift?

Comment

• Zenith
            • Jun 2009

Indeed, the only uses for it so far have been to get a confession out of Petrus and to trade it with the crow. However, you don't need to have it as a starting gift for that to happen. The popular theory is that it was originally intended to be used to reveal more of the plot. However, there isn't anything in the game to support this (even in the text dumps, which contained cut text and dialogue from the game, there is no mention of the pendant.) People have met all sorts of crazy conditions to try and get the pendant to do something, even attempting to finish the game without lighting any of the bonfires. It's all been in vain so far.
            Last edited by Zenith; 02-01-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• sinnedk
              Banned
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              Are you talking about the starting gift?

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/pendant
              Originally posted by Zenith View Post
              Indeed, the only uses for it so far have been to get a confession out of Petrus and to trade it with the crow. However, you don't need to have it as a starting gift for that to happen. The popular theory is that it was originally intended to be used to reveal more of the plot. However, there isn't anything in the game to support this (even in the text dumps, which contained cut text and dialogue from the game, there is no mention of the pendant.) People have met all sorts of crazy conditions to try and get the pendant to do something, even attempting to finish the game without lighting any of the bonfires. It's all been in vain so far.
              yea i was on a dark souls forum and people have a crazy thread about this, there are guys who played the game 3x experimenting all sorts of combos and nothing, i think its the studios messing with ppl at this point or they messed up and never got the thing to work

Comment

• Skye X
                • Oct 2010

I'm really excited about this game: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...es-he?ref=live

I think everyone should be computer literate and know how to program at least a little bit.

Comment

• kuriz
                  • Nov 2010

Woah, that looks awesome! I play Minecraft myself (yeeeah) but this indie game looks fantastic. Have to check it out =)

Originally posted by Skye X View Post
                  I'm really excited about this game: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...es-he?ref=live

I think everyone should be computer literate and know how to program at least a little bit.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

why does every indie game look like shit?

Comment

• sinnedk
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
                      why does every indie game look like shit?
                      it doesn't look like shit, and they don't have the financing and budget of a video game giant thus they have to do their best with what they have

Comment

• volta
                        • May 2009

o______________________o

if it was budget then wouldn't everything ea and activision spit out be fucking masterpieces? yeah, no. pseudo-intellectual rubbish.. can't make games regardless.

edit - didn't mean the graphics, couldn't care less about it. indie games all look the same, plays the same, are so incredibly basic and is shitting up the market.

Comment

• sinnedk
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
                          o______________________o

if it was budget then wouldn't everything ea and activision spit out be fucking masterpieces? yeah, no. pseudo-intellectual rubbish.. can't make games regardless.

edit - didn't mean the graphics, couldn't care less about it. indie games all look the same, plays the same, are so incredibly basic and is shitting up the market.
                          most of those games don't target true gamers, they target casual gaming, indeed it sucks because it takes away developers from awesome games such as dark souls but all types of games have a place, sometimes people want to play simple games i.e. indie, remember bigger games require much more times and people just want a 5 min fill at times

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

I got a beta invite this morning. I cannot wait to try it as this is one of my most anticipated games.
                            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Johngd
                              • Feb 2009

Finally a game I can consider playing besides SC2 :). Looks really cool

Comment

• Zenith
                                • Jun 2009

Picked up the Last Story, but can't play it till march 9th...when ME3 comes out. First world problems.
                                Last edited by Zenith; 02-25-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎