Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zenith
    • Jun 2009

Looks like lightnings head shopped onto some dudes.

EDIT: I meant head

Comment

• eleven crows
      • Mar 2011

i wasn't expecting it to be very good, that's for sure. siren is on my "to get" list. i played the others though, so a remake isn't ultimately appealing.

that ff prada crap is a sucker punch to a pummeled horse corpse. ff - squaresoft really - hasn't been great since ix; good since xii (does not include their lousy mmo); the endless remakes, reissues and spin offs are frankly embarrassing from what was once a great little developer.

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

Ahhh nice to see a collab between a Prada and Final Fantasy ! Hope to see more featuring after.

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
          i wasn't expecting it to be very good, that's for sure. siren is on my "to get" list. i played the others though, so a remake isn't ultimately appealing.

that ff prada crap is a sucker punch to a pummeled horse corpse. ff - squaresoft really - hasn't been great since ix; good since xii (does not include their lousy mmo); the endless remakes, reissues and spin offs are frankly embarrassing from what was once a great little developer.
          wait.. what? you dissin' xiii? have you played xiii-2 yet? admittedly neither i was very happy with xiii (seiously, most of that poor excuse for 'dialogue' was cringe-worthy i.e ''moms are tough'' *gag*) but.. after xiii-2 and reading the novellas, it all grew on me story/universe-wise. i really like it now where they are heading with fabula nova crystallis. the narrative/storytelling and maybe the linearity for some is xiii's only flaw (come on, the game just oozes style and quality!). '-2' improves alot and in turn also makes xiii an enjoyable experience. that said i still want toriyama nowhere near a final fantasy after this. give it a try.

FINAL BOSS THEME IS SO !@#$% GOOD.

Last edited by volta; 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

just love this one.

Comment

• Zenith
              • Jun 2009

Got Pandoras tower, even came with a case specfically for xenoblade/TLS/PT

Comment

• volta
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                Got Pandoras tower, even came with a case specfically for xenoblade/TLS/PT
                for this one you actually have all the reasons to be negative unlike the last story.

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

Then it does not bode well. I've dropped TLS since I realized I actually can't die in battle at all.Witcher 2 on the 360 next week though so that will soak up some hours

As for FFXIII, couldn't care less about the first one or the second. Will be picking up versus though whenever it's released, the KH styled clusterfuck battle system will suit me just fine.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

well, can't say for sure since i've never finished it. should give it another spin. didn't help that i played the experimental horror game ikenie no yoru/night of the sacrifice around the same time.

I've dropped TLS since I realized I actually can't die in battle at all.
                    you can, you just have a few extra. it's worth finishing because some of those boss battles later on are pretty damn nice, one in particular..
                    Last edited by volta; 04-15-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
                        wait.. what? you dissin' xiii? have you played xiii-2 yet? admittedly neither i was very happy with xiii (seiously, most of that poor excuse for 'dialogue' was cringe-worthy i.e ''moms are tough'' *gag*) but.. after xiii-2 and reading the novellas, it all grew on me story/universe-wise. i really like it now where they are heading with fabula nova crystallis. the narrative/storytelling and maybe the linearity for some is xiii's only flaw (come on, the game just oozes style and quality!). '-2' improves alot and in turn also makes xiii an enjoyable experience. that said i still want toriyama nowhere near a final fantasy after this. give it a try.
                        haven't played xiii-2. the first one should be re-labeled 'battle corridor 13'. walk down this hallway and kill everything in your path with our new shitacular battle system where you barely control one of three characters. it is everything that's terrible about japan's realisation of the western obsession: a plot that makes most anime interesting, cardboard characters, and the ever present fascination with twelve year old protagonists.

the only games i've felt worth playing in the last few years were the god of war series and demon/dark souls. this industry is a staggering juggernaut.

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

Speaking of dark souls, the new PC trailer made my balls drop.

EDIT:

you can, you just have a few extra. it's worth finishing because some of those boss battles later on are pretty damn nice, one in particular..
                          The healer in my party learnt her uber art, so basically I can't die, regardless of losing the 5 lives. Actually Volta, been wondering if you played Nier, and if so, what were your thoughts on it. Thought it was beautifully bleak, if only the budget was higher.
                          Last edited by Zenith; 04-16-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

Speaking of dark souls, the new PC trailer made my balls drop.
                            I'm ecstatic that they're even doing a port let alone with new bosses
                            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

Nier, and if so, what were your thoughts on it. Thought it was beautifully bleak, if only the budget was higher.
                              have not. what games would you compare it to? heard mostly good things but it never hit the spot for me the little footage i've seen.

someone said i reminded of the character/enemy/whatever 'shade' or a name similar to that from that game. something black. think that was the name. i still dont want to find out what the fuck that was all about since they probably look really fucking shitty.

also: pikmin 3 at E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

haven't played xiii-2. the first one should be re-labeled 'battle corridor 13'. walk down this hallway and kill everything in your path with our new shitacular battle system where you barely control one of three characters. it is everything that's terrible about japan's realisation of the western obsession: a plot that makes most anime interesting, cardboard characters, and the ever present fascination with twelve year old protagonists.
                                felt the same and then i played xiii-2 and everything changed so it might work for you too. always liked the battle system though. worth giving a shot if you can get it for cheap, which it should be right about now. nothing to lose really..

the only games i've felt worth playing in the last few years were the god of war series and demon/dark souls. this industry is a staggering juggernaut.
                                still many quality games being made today..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎