Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volta
    • May 2009

have anyone ever played star control II on pc? been interested about that one for a long time but never gotten around to it.. stellar reviews also.

edit: download.
    Last edited by volta; 04-18-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• savant
      • Jul 2011

Not my thing but some might be interested - release of Halo 4 on November 6.

Comment

• dmash
        • Jun 2011

So finished all the Assassin's Creeds fairly quick.....looking for something new to try. I like those type games, Diablo was one of my favs, also really enjoyed FF series. Just 'mission' and adventure type games I guess you could say.

Anybody want to recommend some good things that were released in the past year or so? For the 360...

Comment

• Macro
          • Apr 2008

Try these:

Dead Space, Bioshock, Fallout 3.
          every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Skyrim.

Haven't even played it myself yet (too busy with work & girlfriend, and shucks... haven't even beaten Zelda yet), but based on the studio's previous work, I know it'll be the best game ever.

...that, and everyone confirms it's the best game ever.
            —
            -

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

Indeed. But this game getting better on PC with mods.

Otherwise, did you try Reckoning ? Lookd pretty good.

Comment

• rawrimabear
                • Feb 2011

Dead Space? More like Elevator Simulator 2507. Good game though, I really enjoyed it.

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

dead space is one of my favorite series'
                  Can't praise it enough. I've beaten the first one nigh twenty times
                  "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• dmash
                    • Jun 2011

I've actually already finished all the Fallouts before too. Love post-apocalyptic stuff

Dead Space and Skyrim seem to be the ticket based on reviews!

Comment

• Zenith
                      • Jun 2009

I thought Dead space was a tedious, predictable "BOO!" style fetch quest but each to their own. Pretty game though.

Buy Bayonetta.

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

You have to be kidding. The story line for Dead Space is amazing and there are no real quests... The ambiance is so perfect and creates such a terrifying atmosphere. I rarely get scared by games but there were times I had to stop playing because it was so stressful.
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

merz: that's neat! guess there is no need to delay further. thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by dmash View Post
                          For the 360...
                          pew pew!

on the arcade shop.

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                          between this and the last few silent hills i've given up the ghost.
                          eternal darkness. quite lovecraftian.

autopsy
                          Last edited by volta; 04-19-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Zenith
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by tron View Post
                            You have to be kidding. The story line for Dead Space is amazing and there are no real quests... The ambiance is so perfect and creates such a terrifying atmosphere. I rarely get scared by games but there were times I had to stop playing because it was so stressful.
                            I found it stressful, but not because of the fear factor. Some of the enemies took forever to kill. I dunno maybe its because I saw both the prelude comic and the animated thingy before playing the game, the story kept repeating itself.

have not. what games would you compare it to? heard mostly good things but it never hit the spot for me the little footage i've seen.
                            I'm not sure what I'd compare it to tbh. The gameplay is action rpg, but it's pretty basic, crude and extremely repetitive in places. The atmosphere/setting/and soundtrack though are some of my favorite this gen (only played through pandoras tower for a little bit, but it's reminding me of Nier). Bizarrely it's a semi sequel to one of the alternative endings of the first Drakengard game. Oh yeah and if you get the JPN version you get the lame version of Nier.

Also. WTF Radiant silvergun is on live?! Brb.

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                              I'm not sure what I'd compare it to tbh. The gameplay is action rpg, but it's pretty basic, crude and extremely repetitive in places. The atmosphere/setting/and soundtrack though are some of my favorite this gen (only played through pandoras tower for a little bit, but it's reminding me of Nier). Bizarrely it's a semi sequel to one of the alternative endings of the first Drakengard game. Oh yeah and if you get the JPN version you get the lame version of Nier.
                              noted, thx.

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                              Also. WTF Radiant silvergun is on live?! Brb.
                              that's more like it. get guardian heroes too. then sin & punishment: star successor on wii for a treasure t-triple combo!!

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

Were you shooting off the limbs? None of the enemies take that long to kill other than the brutes but obviously they're supposed to be difficult. I had seen all the prequel media as well though simply because I'm such a fan. I found the whole religious thing very interesting though as well as Isaac's unknown decent in to insanity throughout the game. It left me questioning which parts were real or simply his imagination and that idea is expanded on in the sequel (and hopefully the final third part)
                                I liked the small dose of rpg elements as well that they had through the upgrade system. Personal favorite was only upgrading the pistol and cowboying my way through the ishimura

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎