X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I don't know much about MSG either. All I know is that the, arguably, best pasta place in NYC uses it. Was kind of shocking when I found out, but maybe it's not so bad, hmm...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

Like everything, you have to use in moderation. It's actually not as bad for you as you would think. Pretty sure there was a study that came out within the last two years stating just that. Or maybe I'm just trying to mitigate the fact that I grew up with a mom that used it in everything.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

its used pretty much everywhere, soy sauce, many spice blends/mixes, seasonings and dressings, potato chips, frozen foods...

trying to avoid it is impossible, but imo the concerns associated with it are nonsense. it has been tested extensively around the world and there are no actual health risks. some reading: http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/top...dium_glutamate
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

excessive use of MSG on a dish makes the flavor turn into a somewhat bitter kind of sweet (not the subtle kind like you get in chocolates...but more like it's so sweet your mouth goes numb and you get this pretty horrid bitterness on your palate). It also causes dehydration and insomnia at certain levels.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Alright!
            So I can't do it!
            At a wedding right now
            there is an abundance of food , meats
            beef
            chicken
            mutton
            salmon

too much...........
            and damn!
            I'm not passing it up
            not because I can't
            because I don't want to!!!!!

Let the gluttony begin!!!!!!
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                Unfortunately, I now rely on the soy bean, a product which Monsanto virtually owns, and corporations don't get any more evil than Monsanto.

Be careful about that monsanto soy.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• stereophobic
                  • Aug 2009

Hi Zamb,

I've gone from a big size 52 to a true/slightly less than size 48 since February: I was 92kg/202lbs and currently weigh about 73kg/161lbs, height 5'8".

While I exercise religiously every other day, IMHO you don't take the drastic measure of abandoning meat. Personally I've found that if you want to get lean, the equation is very simple: you simply subtract calories out from calories in.

Eating well doesn't mean denying yourself, it's just adhering to some (very simple) rules. I would say that the only thing I've stopped taking completely are carbonated soft drinks, I still have non-diet tonic water to mix with gin but thats about it. I use butter, drink alcohol, use cream and eat cake (http://adrianozumbo.com/patisserie.html - Sydney's best!) regularly.
                  An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ congrats, that's quite an achievement. I agree, without exercising, dieting is kinda futile (not always, but usually).
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stereophobic
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      /\ congrats, that's quite an achievement. I agree, without exercising, dieting is kinda futile (not always, but usually).
                      Thanks Faust, it's really great, I actually tried on a size 46 suit the other day and to my surprise it fit me snug in the armpits but well elsewhere, I'll stick to buying 48 for the time being though, I pray I don't lose any more.

Exercise helps immensely if you're glued to the PC all day like I am - I don't imagine anyone who walks/cycles to work or just plain moves around during their workday would have problems shedding the pounds just by adjusting their diet.

It's not a coincidence that my weight loss finally got started in earnest when I changed my eating habits and used more recipes like chili that makes me feel satisfied without having to eat lots. I've always told anyone who asks me about my secret to success that eating well is 70% of the work, exercise is a walk in the park in comparison.

P.S. I think the sole caveat of my transformation is that I currently do not have a wide variety of dishes in my cooking repertoire, luckily I do not mind eating the same thing cooked fresh on a daily basis.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

It's amazing to see baby Faust down cheerios like it's manna from heaven.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          It's amazing to see baby Faust down cheerios like it's manna from heaven.
                          The voracious appetite of a growing child is a heart warming thing.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• stereophobic
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                            The voracious appetite of a growing child is a heart warming thing.
                            Also, their completely wack metabolism.

Comment

• merkuri
                              • Sep 2009

maybe raf is listening. new raf by raf sweater is essentially a re-release of a f/w 07/08 sweater.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
                                maybe raf is listening. new raf by raf sweater is essentially a re-release of a f/w 07/08 sweater.
                                Maybe the only non-recycled raf designs these days are neoprene gorilla arms.

As soon as I see a sales price with +paypal fees, I ignore the listing. I just can't help it. Add money to your asking price. Don't be such a shit.
                                Last edited by theetruscan; 10-16-2009, 08:22 AM.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎