Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • munch
    • Aug 2008

never really expected to get this much response, haha. it's just that the gym card where I used to go costs like 300 euro for a year which feels pretty much for just using it a couple of days a month... so I kinda gave up on that, surely there are other gyms but they're even further away and you don't get a guide there afaik... but it might actually be worth it. it's wonderful having just worked out and then take a superhot shower and then go out in the cold :>
    hmm yea, I love cooking. I should do it more often... my mom can't really cook at all, I don't understand how she can make it so bad... haah well, I've got a few things I need to take care of first, then I'll have to see if getting a gymcard is cheaper than getting some weights... oh well
    thanks a lot

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

look for a place where you can pay per visit (or for example 10 uses) instead of monthly membership. that way you don't lose money if you dont go regularly. its not as encouraging as an actual membership though
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• laughed
        • Jul 2009

I've wikipediad it. I've watched videos on youtube, read crap on google...still, I don't understand how to play racquetball. wtf

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

woo, my dad's going to sponsor me with the card it seems. although I kinda hate asking parents for money but he was real positive to it.. which I guess is kinda obvious anyway.
          hmm, now that was.. weird. since I don't do shit nowadays I might just use it a lot more than I used to... nice

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
            Laika, I wouldn't say that meditation will help you to solve this problem, but simple relaxation probably can help. Do you want some basic tips ?

Another very simple thing to do is to lower the temperature in your room if you can. It is far more easier to fall asleep when you feel warm in a cool room. At least it works for me.
            yes, please, i'll take whatever you've got,
            because muttering "calm the f*** down, laika" under my breath
            is definitely not working.

Mike L, thank you so much for typing all that out.
            It all sounds totally sensible to me--so much so, that i ought to know it already--but it's oddly soothing to hear it from someone else.

***moreover, now i have something to read when i turn the lights on at 3 in the morning.
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
              • Mar 2009

Okay. The principle is quite simple, if we talk about relaxation.

You just have to lie down on your back, on your bed, with a pillow under your head, arm and legs slightly open. There's no precise position to keep, this is not yoga nor zazen.

Then you breath calmly, using your belly raher than your chest, as singers do. And very, very slowly. Air comes to your belly, then up to your chest, and you expire it, slowly. And again, ten times. Do not panick if you lose the count, just go a little back.

Once it's done, you just have to think that you're feeling heavier and numb. If you've got an accurate sensorial imagination, you can use it to make it easier - trying to imagine that your extremities, then your limbs, then your belly and torso, then your neck and your head, are slowly mutating in a dense, warm, soft matter. Keep your breathing regular and slow. Avoid mental crispation : don't ask yourself if you're succeeding or not, just let it come as naturally as you can. Take a little more time on the zones where you feel the most tense : feel them melt, like mud delayed by water.

And when you feel relaxed enough, just make your way back, beginning with the extremities, and finishing with ten deep respirations.

The process is quite long when you begin, but with some habit the feeling of being relaxed comes a lot more faster.

But do not practice it right before going to bed : it is better to make it one ore two hours before. However, when you wake up in the middle of the night for no reason, it can be of some help.

Then there are other applications, some being quite amusing, but this is not the subject here
              Last edited by Mail-Moth; 10-19-2009, 03:56 PM.
              I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
              I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ you forgot one thing. while doing all of that, keep muttering, "calm the fuck down, laika!"
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Speaking of relaxation. I did yoga for the first time in my life a couple of days ago. It's amazing. I need to get into it, pronto. Oh, and my entire body aches. I think I've discovered about a 100 new muscles in my body.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    /\ you forgot one thing. while doing all of that, keep muttering, "calm the fuck down, laika!"
                    Hey, that could work as a mantra, but you have to mutter it until it has lost all its sense !
                    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

By the way, laika. I don't know if it's your thing, but there are meditation retreats. My cousin went to one for 10 days and she loved it.

I am sorry to hear that you are still not sleeping well :-(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

This weekend I was weighing two auctions in terms of importance - a pair of hi-fi Swiss aluminum speakers that would probably serve me a lifetime and a pair of Ann Dem boots. The boots were $50 more, and I was leaning towards the boots. Pathetic!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Reading academic writing is , reading academic writing about fashion is

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
                            • Jul 2008

Mail Moth's meditative advice is excellent. It's very close to a hypnotic induction I use.
                            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

Ladies, if you are fat, please do not wear tights or leggings by themselves.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Reading academic writing is , reading academic writing about fashion is
                              It seems your students are typical dotcom era young adults who can't write the English language or express a thought to save their lives. Pathetic. (Btw I am a member of the group I just ridiculed.)

Laika, I have a feeling my suggestion may be of little use to you, as the problem with insomnia is usually staying asleep, rather than falling asleep, but I'll offer it just to give you another option. Have you thought about adding strenuous exercise to your lifestyle? The exercise will make you so tired that sleep will seem unavoidable. I always sleep well after physical exertion, and it has been to my detriment when I've needed to stay awake. Maybe you already exercise or maybe it won't help; either way, just a suggestion. Good luck.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post

It seems your students are typical dotcom era young adults who can't write the English language or express a thought to save their lives. Pathetic. (Btw I am a member of the group I just ridiculed.)
                                No, no, I wouldn't badmouth my students on a forum!
                                You misunderstood. By "academic" I mean something very specific - writing by academics, not by students. It's just convoluted, irrelevant gibberish. And when they write about fashion, they have such a huge insecurity about not sounding intellectual enough, that it comes out even worse.

This one guy called frequenting prostitutes "corporeal pursuits."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎