• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
    japanese people generally don't speak english
    yeah the communication barrier that exists between me and them breaks my heart. made a new japanese friend when i was in macau last weekend, she spoke a little bit of English, not much but more than I've ever gotten out of anyone in Tokyo...

i dunno if this is just different cultural mores or what, but what still pleases me is the enthusiasm and open mindedness of Japanese people towards meeting new people...i dunno if its genuine or what, but when i said i'd e-mail her, she responded with "Yes, please!" Unlikely to find that in China.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      I was just sewing thin cotton now, but my fingers are worn out from the kangaroo leather which is pretty damn rigid

I have a leather needle, need to get a thimble as well
      word.
      Pliers are a good one if necessary, I sometimes use a penny in place of a thimble hehehe
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
        i dunno if this is just different cultural mores or what, but what still pleases me is the enthusiasm and open mindedness of Japanese people towards meeting new people...i dunno if its genuine or what, but when i said i'd e-mail her, she responded with "Yes, please!" Unlikely to find that in China.
        so true, I was blown away by this in tokyo and kyoto. most people don't speak english too well, but almost everyone is willing to try. then they giggle hysterically when you understand, its adorable
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

yeah...but maybe it is just a 'foreigner's awe' syndrome that I personally have witnessed among expats who come to HK/China and have a good time generally, which is the opposite of my own experience as well as quite a few locals i know.

i remember a djrajio post on Sufu which talked in depth about how Tokyo women, as far as being cold, calculating and psychologically manipulative go, ranked among one of the roughest in the world. Yet I sensed none of this every time I was in Tokyo, but rather his words reflect how I felt when I was in Shanghai, as a native Chinese.
          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

i really dont like grey days...

I keep looking at these pics of Regents Park in London. It was 73 and sunny that day.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

^ that tree looks happy
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by xadam View Post
                why doesn't sz have more japanese-living-in-japan posters? if roccplucetal are as big there as y!jp implies, it seems like we should have lots of tokyo-peeps up in this piece. is there a japanese equivalent of sz with magical pics of ccp pieces we can only dream of? the language barrier doesn't seem to be a huge deterrent for sz dudes in sweden, germany, etc.
                we should go on a recruiting trip!
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                  • Jan 2008

Can anybody get me a volume license key for Adobe cs4 Design premium(mac)?

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                  Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

the world is randomness. i wonder why more people haven't caught on to this simple concept yet...
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

TODAY IS A WONDERFUL DAY

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

did you get your phone back?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

My favorite word in any language has got to be the English word 'fuck.' I can't think of a word more versatile, straightforward and all-encompassing of the human condition. So, as a tribute, some of my favorite quotes in which this word is used:

"I used to give a fuck, now I give a fuck less" - Jay-Z, "Success"

"Fuck the world, don't ask me for shit" - Method Man, "The What"

"Fuck, the word fuck has as many connotations as does the word art." - Kurt Cobain

"Naw man, I'm pretty fuckin' far from OK." - Marsellus Wallace, "Pulp Fiction"

"I ain't got no motherfuckin friends, that's why I fucked your wife, you fat motherfucker." - 2Pac, "Hit 'Em Up"

"This is paradise, I'm tellin ya. This town is like a great big pussy waiting to get fucked." - Tony Montana, "Scarface" (Note: Nobody in the world has done this word more justice in its delivery than Al Pacino. The entire "Scarface" film, and Pacino's performance in it, can be seen as the ultimate dissertation on 'fuck.')

"Fuck Gaspar Gomez! And fuck the fuckin' Diaz brothers! Fuck 'em all! I bury those cockroaches!" - Tony Montana again

"I only tell you once. Don't fuck me, Tony. Don't you ever try to fuck me." - Alejandro Sosa, "Scarface"

"In life you have to do a lot of things you don't fucking want to do. Many times, that's what the fuck life is... one vile fucking task after another. " - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?" - Tommy DeVito, "Goodfellas"

"Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox." - Billy Batts, "Goodfellas"

"I'm gonna go have a smoke right now. You want a smoke? You don't smoke, do ya, right? What are ya, one of those fitness freaks, huh? Go fuck yourself." - Ellerby, "The Departed"

"Beatin motherfuckers like Ike beat Tina" - Notorious BIG, "Machine Gun Funk"

"You wacker than the motherfucker you bit your style from" - Eminem, "Just Don't Give a Fuck"

"You're a real fuckin piece of work, you know that Chuck?" - random customer in Maison Edwards overheard during my time at Michigan.
                          Last edited by Fade to Black; 11-08-2008, 06:07 AM.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                            did you get your phone back?
                            no... the wonderful day was the start to the day. end of the day= bad.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

oh... crap

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Just in case you were wondering what it is exactly wrong with America.

"Urban Institute economist Linda Blumberg stated that Americans as a whole have yet to buy the philosophy that health care is a right and not a privilege."
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎