Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

I started swimming again. I can do a little over 1.500m (with breaks, different speeds etc) in under 1h without feeling like I'm straining myself. I have no idea if that's good or not, but for someone who hasn't done any serious swimming for 10years and has been a smoker for 15, I feel it's not that bad

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

That's good. Swimming for an hour with breaks is good enough, the distance doesn't matter. I always try to run between 40 and 60 minutes and I don't know how far I run. I don't have the ambition to get better, I just enjoy it.

Comment

• todestrieb
        • Mar 2009

I find myself mastering the breast stroke as I grow older.
        Quite a revelation.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

the breast stroke was always my best stroke; I got a gold medal for the 50m at a kids' meet in the early 90s, still one of my proudest accomplishments in life because it's the rare occasion I came in 1st place.

I came across a recent photo of Helmut Lang attending some art opening in NYC...forgot which magazine it was, and the pic was a thumbnail size but he looked good with shaven head and that unmistakable face which I've always felt perfectly communicated gravity and seriousness. It also seems like he's still wearing his own clobber. I wonder how much he kept for himself.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

I'm still pretty good at front crawl, backstroke and breaststoke. I haven't re-tried butterfly stroke yet, it's not very people-friendly and the swimming pool is not crowded but still well peopled

I feel that my movements lack the grace (for lack of a better word) they used to have, but they are still efficient enough.

I have no ambition to do any better in terms of performance. I just want to work on my technique and lose thigh volume because I feel fat

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

I never liked backstroke because I was always afraid of not being able to see when I was gonna crash into the wall.
              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Galia? Fat??? From the few pictures of yourself noone can get this impression, not even yourself.

Breaststroke is the only style for me. Maybe because it is the "dryest" style. I was never good at the others, butterfly didn't work at all.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

yeah my thighs are fat and I have wide hips. whatever it's cool, I'm not looking for validation on the internet, I still think my body is pretty good. it could just stand to be a bit better

plus I'm tired of getting random back pains at my age

also, I crashed my head so many times while doing backstroke, now I know how to avoid it. Basically, there will usually be a line or something that you can use as a mark that you are getting closer to the edge. once I see it, I tilt my head slightly backwards, and I can see the wall coming at me in time not to knock myself out

butterfly is tough, but quite enjoyable once you understand how the movements works. the other people swimming next to you will hate it though, which is why I avoid it for now

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

???? Galia based on the pics you've posted, I think you can easily afford to gain an extra pound or ten, if anything! You are extremely thin as it is.
                    www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

haha I guess I'm just good with angles
                      can we drop this? I sort of regret bringing it up

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

i fn hate exs.

Comment

• scott.m
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                          For all round fitness boxing is the best! Along side swimming.
                          I used to do both,regularly, for many years. The circuit training at the boxing gym was a killer. Beware excessive shoulder and traps growth!
                          Im quite broad in general,but when i train it gets ridiculous and getting a jacket to fit well is not such an easy task.
                          this is dangerous as i'm greek and italian i have the tendency when i do work out to pack muscle on, uh oh

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

Fade to Black: eating junk food to put on mass is not a good idea. For a healthy diet, you should try to eat more chicken, whole eggs, protein shakes, oats, fruit, veggies and plenty of raw nuts for snacking. I also find almond spread and organic peanut butter to be one of my favourite healthy indulgences.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

yep, i've cut back on the junk food actually...been eating a lot of meats, bananas, cutting back my carbs a bit so i can fit some more room for the protein sources...probably a case of nooob/psychological gains but i look a bit heavier in the mirror and my jeans are feeling a bit tighter.

am looking forward to dinner tonight, gonna have ma po tofu and fried cod, pack on those pro's!
                              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Enaml
                                • Apr 2009

So I'm glad some people are outraged at arguably the worst supreme court decision in decades.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Few things merit a WTF, but this certainly does.
                                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎