No announcement yet.

Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if bipolar people are more prone to develop a dark personal esthaetic. If they identify with their depressive streaks, maybe the colours and shapes of rick owens and such is resonant to them. During this past month I'm hitting another wall, and i find myself so sick of dark clothes. it's like, if I'm gonna be depressed, i might as well surround myself with colours and glitter.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

This article,

Spain is an object lesson in the problems of having monetary union without fiscal and labor market integration.

the nightmare in Greece, the collapse of the irish economy, and on and on are horrifying in the same way the US economy is horrifying. But at least with the collapse of the euro there's a shot at being able to afford some clothes soon if I manage to stay employed.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

saw a bald eagle this morning sitting on the lake ice devouring a bird...all the other birds were humbly staring from a safe distance. i see the eagles often but dont usually get a chance to see them eating breakfast.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

rider, may I ask where you leave to see this in front of your window ?

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

sure...in semi-rural connecticut, usa...seen not literally outside the window but driving down the hill from where i live; on top of a mountain, next to a state park that is bordered by a lake that houses a dam that generates a wild current that bald eagles converge on in the winter for good feeding grounds.

its no wonder my tastes lean towards the natural ebb and flow of juxtaposing nature and industrialization.

if you are ever in the area please stop by...no kidding.
            Last edited by rider; 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• scott.m
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              CAZZO! that is one lethal med combination scott!
              Just think we can enjoy easy muscle growth for now.
              But as we look around the family we soon realise that in about 10 years
              we will be proud owners of a well fed paunch!
              oh goodness i hope not, though forget about ten years, it's trying to creep up on me now, time to buy a bicycle

Comment

• scott.m
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                I wonder if bipolar people are more prone to develop a dark personal esthaetic. If they identify with their depressive streaks, maybe the colours and shapes of rick owens and such is resonant to them. During this past month I'm hitting another wall, and i find myself so sick of dark clothes. it's like, if I'm gonna be depressed, i might as well surround myself with colours and glitter.
                it's funny, doctors have hinted, as well as most people who really know me well, that i am bipolar. this i think reflects a little in my aesthetic choice by my mood at the time. many days i still will dress monochromatic because something has me upset, yet others my outfit could be blue as the sky, it varies. though overall aesthetic preference i think doesn't relate to being bipolar.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

I wonder if bipolar people are more prone to develop a dark personal esthaetic. If they identify with their depressive streaks, maybe the colours and shapes of rick owens and such is resonant to them. During this past month I'm hitting another wall, and i find myself so sick of dark clothes. it's like, if I'm gonna be depressed, i might as well surround myself with colours and glitter.
                  I dunno about bipolar, but being a diagnosed depressive myself I kind of relate to the darker aspect of what you mentioned. I supplement colors and glitter with trying to surround myself/force myself to see things in a more humorous light, even if darkly so, during lower periods, yet it's inevitable that there's times when something ineffable is just gnawing away that you gotta struggle to rise above.

i've done a bit of reading into these things over the years...bipolar seems pretty misunderstood and generalized, esp. in the public, no? It seems like anyone with mood swings, even rapidly shifting ones get misinterpreted into this category...even from different professional opinions I've gathered that to be really bipolar it would require much longer periods of each, and to more extreme lengths. Imagine it would manifest into behaviors that could be dangerous in some cases.

I can't glance a whole lot about who you are since we all just interact over keyboard and screen, but if you're bipolar, based on what i've observed you seem to handle it well with a fair amount of self awareness.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                    • Sep 2009

I think manic depressives are just as likely to attach themselves to a colorful, lighthearted aesthetic as well. Just wear things that suit your mood. Disco music and glam rock usually lift me out of the dark side.
                    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• todestrieb
                      • Mar 2009

Embrace the darkside, people. It's as colourful as Lego.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                        indeed, what a great turn of phrase
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by merz
                          don't think so..I've always thought darker aesthetic to originate with the notions of severity, dignity, restraint and, to some extent, authority. if anything, muted tones convey emotional stability, contrary to what you're suggesting..
                          Agreed...it's the pace of fashion, and the internet, that makes me feel bipolar if anything...which is why I don't follow it so much anymore. Then again, even looking at a pair of Guidi boots can send me over the edge...
                          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• desoloSOS
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post

this man has the idea

Comment

• ronin
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2009

I don't know, but my grandmother is bipolar and whatever state she's in, she's repulsed by anything with the slightest dark aesthetic.

Tomorrow, I'm packing. Goodbye Palais Royal, welcome hipster packed Marais and frightening electricity bills.

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

Some of the nicest people I have ever met , Wear all black , have their tongue/lip/eyebrow/etc pierced, have tattoos , Wear boots with studs , wear clothing with studs , Ride Motorcycles , have not much money, look mean , scary , different
                                Some of the meanest people I have met , wear sunflower prints ...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎