• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    tell us
    a place with a stash of riri zippers so huge it seems to be an innumerable amount!

they are willing to give it to me at a price so (t)reasonable it feels almost carnal!
    I dont know how much they have but i know its alot. the guy brought me a whole box of at least 50 on Friday.......... the store was closing at the time so i didn't get to close the deal. he said he will search in the morning to see what they have...............cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

Congratulations zamb. I guess women do come back once they've left you.

Would just like to vent a bit of anger here. I find it extremely frustrating when online stores post multiple pictures of items in views that do not help your purchase decision. Instead of 4 shots of an item in the front, want to give at least ONE from the back!?!? Rage.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

^lol

rain + music + wine + book =
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
          ^lol

rain + music + wine + book + SZ =
          fixed
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
            ^lol

rain + music + wine + book =
            Throw in a pretty girl and I'm set for life.
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

I'd forgotten how fucking good "Pet Sounds" was until I went back to it right now for the first time in ........... maybe a late bloomer, but I didn't hear this until I was in college. I'd say it was the right time.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

"spurs are on their way to wembley,they're gonna do it again! the boys from tottenham,the boys from tottenham,the boys from white hart lane!"

Semi final of teh FA cup here we come! And still in a strong position for a champions league place!

Get in!!!!
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• scott.m
                  • Mar 2009

i thought this video was pretty amazing.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

What a coincidence! Vanna, if it's any comfort, my boyfriend went to Uganda and Tanzania just this time last year for a 6 week study abroad and everything was fine. Of course I was nervous as hell, but it seems Western signals of "gayness" aren't on most people's radar, so even though my boyfriend can be a bit effeminate (he has his moments) nobody from Uganda or Tanzania ever said anything to him and he was treated with the same warmth and hospitality as anyone else. Of course he was shielded a bit being with a class, but he also decided to study the anti-homosexuality bill for his class paper which involved meeting up with local gay people to talk about their experiences (which made me REALLY nervous).

It's a complicated issue because the anti gay fervor is being stoked by Western missionaries, but it's also billed as a way for Africa to assert it's independence by rejecting the Western gay disease (it's a paradox, the hatred is a direct result of colonialism but now being promoted as a way to reject colonialism).

Anyway, while what the local gay population has to put up with is heinous, I'm sure you're man as a visitor will be fine.

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                    I'm sure both countries are beautiful. My major problem with Tanzania AND Uganda are that they are probably two of the most hostile countries in the world for homosexuals. Uganda just passed laws recently, stating that you could face life imprisonment for just knowing a homosexual. And in Tanzania, you can get life in prison for being one. There has been past precedent for hate crimes inflicted upon homosexuals, and some incidences are just absolutely horrific. I was worried for his life when he told me he was going to be there for 6 months, but things seem to be going well. *Crosses fingers*
                    music

Comment

• BeauIXI
                      • Nov 2008

Nice Video, Scott, but it's strange that Converse would be the collaboration of choice here.. He's talking about consumer goods in what appears to be a long (and tasteful) commercial. May e I just hate Converse for going over to Nike, maybe I just hate collaborations. I know they're meant to be seen as classic, but Converse is just so damn ambiguous.
                      Originally posted by philip nod
                      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ my sentiments exactly.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

Glad I'm not the only one..

Hey, this is kind of silly, but I just ran into this article, and thought it would be nice for any SZer who uses their cellphone close to any speakers. Genius, really, I hate cellphone interference.

You know that beep beep beep bzzt bzzt baaap beep noise that comes out of your speakers everytime your phone connects to the mothership? If you do, check out this awesome fix, god, I'm so ecstatic it actually worked. Ferrite beads aid in dampening GSM interference.
                          Last edited by BeauIXI; 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM.
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Casem! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience on this. Trust me, it is a comfort; especially considering some of the fearmongering that my friends were subjecting me to right after I found out. While I'm still not completely consoled, things seem to be going pretty well for Ryan, and he's excited by the things that he's been able to do in Dar Es Salaam concerning transportation/pedestrianization.

And yes, it's a very complicated issue, and I have a lot to say about it, but I'll save my homosexualist polemics for another day.

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                            What a coincidence! Vanna, if it's any comfort, my boyfriend went to Uganda and Tanzania just this time last year for a 6 week study abroad and everything was fine. Of course I was nervous as hell, but it seems Western signals of "gayness" aren't on most people's radar, so even though my boyfriend can be a bit effeminate (he has his moments) nobody from Uganda or Tanzania ever said anything to him and he was treated with the same warmth and hospitality as anyone else. Of course he was shielded a bit being with a class, but he also decided to study the anti-homosexuality bill for his class paper which involved meeting up with local gay people to talk about their experiences (which made me REALLY nervous).

It's a complicated issue because the anti gay fervor is being stoked by Western missionaries, but it's also billed as a way for Africa to assert it's independence by rejecting the Western gay disease (it's a paradox, the hatred is a direct result of colonialism but now being promoted as a way to reject colonialism).

Anyway, while what the local gay population has to put up with is heinous, I'm sure you're man as a visitor will be fine.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

god damn postal service, I already waited twice as long for a package to arrive in the country and now they sorted it to the wrong city
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

know the feeling! mostly my own fault that time though, mixed up my new adress and my old adress and made a mix out of the two.

I have hopes for an across the world-shipment in less then a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎