• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    ... I may be on my way to getting banned from tFS after calling out a "mod squad member" for buying two Carpe pieces on yoox, acknowledging they got them for dirt cheap, pretending to be super interested in the history of the line and the pieces themselves, asking Runner for all that information, claiming that one has a "forever home" with them, and then putting them both on ebay using Runner's kindly provided information to try to cater to the Carpe audience while jacking prices well above what they'd sell for.

oops. called out.

Go back one thread and you can see the beginning.

at least it's an entertaining monday.
    Pretty hilarious, how much did they go for?
    When you really get to know your stuff, you tend to find out who the 'flippers' are. But AFAIK she's fairly wealthy and probably kopped them on a whim.

Haha, I still think that Y! auction selling YOUR CCP Fencing was better.
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

haha, yeah post deleted (probably by that very same person as she's a moderator) and some long winded message saying how she was just curious about what they were and decided that both weren't for her and that she'd put them up on ebay for a BIN based on their full retail with "best offer".

whatever though. tFS can eat it. I only go on like once every 3 weeks to see what Runner has to say. He makes that place worthwhile.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

haven't been to TFS since the dawn of man. i'll go check out and sift through everything to see what runner's posted...that guy had knowledge
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

yeah. shit, she even edited her original post.

for shame, that sartoria coat has measurements almost like it'd fit a small guy.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

i can't decide which forum at this point is a bigger shithole - TFS or StyleForum...well, TFS boasts ladies who at least look good in their photos, so I guess that puts SF at the barrel's bottom.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Haha, nice Albert! And the funny things is, that girl is RICH. She doesn't need this money...
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

Best friend bartender=wonderful and ultimate evil ;)
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

I just noticed that my pajamas are drop-crotch.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

i'm happy i wasn't eating something or it would be on the screen

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                    I while back, I went to this cafe with one of
                    my slightly extroverted gay dancer friends.
                    We had ordered some wine and something to eat.
                    My Friend here takes his first bite of his sandwich,
                    and then bursts out loud "This is dry as a nuns cunt!"
                    The cafe just went silent for moment and you could
                    hear this gasp going through. And then to make matters
                    worse he then continues "Ooh don't be shocked. Yes, nuns
                    has cunts to!". The whole cafe just started laughing. I had
                    tears in my eyes.

Truer words has not been spoken ...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merz
                      superfuture seems to have developed something of a drop-crotch of late.
                      Holy shit, superfuture is so fucking broken.
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                        aside from runner and the other 2-3 worthwhile persons posting to tfs, the place is a festering cloaca. kind of wish they'd grace us with their presence now and then. one can hope.
                        Absolutely beautiful description G :)

Whilst checking ebay, I saw that she has since also dropped the asking BIN price on both coats to about half of her original asking price. Now it's at least reasonable.

And yes, whoever redid superfuture fucked it up crazy bad. Half the damn screen is that left sided menu. Gah.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          Absolutely beautiful description G :)

Whilst checking ebay, I saw that she has since also dropped the asking BIN price on both coats to about half of her original asking price. Now it's at least reasonable.

And yes, whoever redid superfuture fucked it up crazy bad. Half the damn screen is that left sided menu. Gah.
                          I totally understand your protective/defensive impulse, Albert.

I just wanted to mention that she is a friend, a lovely person, and definitely not a flipper. Just someone who really, passionately loves clothes and has the means (because of a successful career) to buy them. Also, she does own and wear CCP and Carpe, so it's highly doubtful that she bought that stuff with the sole intention of reselling.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• J_J
                            • Apr 2008

even if she was a "flipper", if she is able to sell the items at her asking price, more power to her. no one is forcing anyone to buy those items. it's not like she's commiting a crime!
                            buy for cheap + sell for more = win, basic economics i guess?

Comment

• maldoror
                              • Jun 2007

the problem is that it also = asshole. especially with these kind of niche goods, and the level of passion of the fanbase (e.g., please see stylezeitgeist) it just seems selfish and underhanded, especially in light of her editing her original post &ct. I recognize that she dropped her asking prices, and that's great, but especially for someone who doesn't need the money, passing on the savings is the right thing to do. you get a steal on something that doesn't fit, you give someone else a shot at a bargain, sometimes it comes back to you, sometimes not. it's called being a good guy (or gal). it feels kind of okay + karma.

greed = greed = asshole

this is what math is like at 4am on a bender.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

oh new superfuture, how I loathe thee. I can't even stand to look at the classifieds anymore...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎