Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

well i see from both views. If people are sitting in front of their computer searching the net for cheap stuff to resell to make their profit thats ok for me. there were/are a whole bunch of resellers on dior msn and i never thought that they are acting bad in some way.

OF COURSE SZ is different, means much more intimate and people have more personal relations with other members. Thus it would be somehow strange if people are only there for making the max profit.
    But still, if someone copped a holy grail MA+ bag for a ridicolous price somewhere just with a lot of luck and wants to sell it for a muuuch higher (but still reasonable) price because it is just so precious to him, i wouldnt think that he is a bad guy...
    And principles are good, but i think under the surface most people are getting somehow corrupted by the chance of getting a certain amount of money to buy other stuff...that doesnt make them bad human beings, its just natural...
    And i think there is a general "ethical" consensus here on SZ expressed in the "good finds" thread...SZ
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
      the problem is that it also = asshole. especially with these kind of niche goods, and the level of passion of the fanbase (e.g., please see stylezeitgeist) it just seems selfish and underhanded, especially in light of her editing her original post &ct. I recognize that she dropped her asking prices, and that's great, but especially for someone who doesn't need the money, passing on the savings is the right thing to do. you get a steal on something that doesn't fit, you give someone else a shot at a bargain, sometimes it comes back to you, sometimes not. it's called being a good guy (or gal). it feels kind of okay + karma.

greed = greed = asshole

this is what math is like at 4am on a bender.
      Exactly. Thank you.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
        well i see from both views. If people are sitting in front of their computer searching the net for cheap stuff to resell to make their profit thats ok for me. there were/are a whole bunch of resellers on dior msn and i never thought that they are acting bad in some way.

OF COURSE SZ is different, means much more intimate and people have more personal relations with other members. Thus it would be somehow strange if people are only there for making the max profit.
        But still, if someone copped a holy grail MA+ bag for a ridicolous price somewhere just with a lot of luck and wants to sell it for a muuuch higher (but still reasonable) price because it is just so precious to him, i wouldnt think that he is a bad guy...
        And principles are good, but i think under the surface most people are getting somehow corrupted by the chance of getting a certain amount of money to buy other stuff...that doesnt make them bad human beings, its just natural...
        And i think there is a general "ethical" consensus here on SZ expressed in the "good finds" thread...SZ
        I understand. The point is that the girl is a ballerina. I sometimes resell for a profit, and so do others. But if I was rich, believe me, I'd rather do a favor for someone and be happy knowing that I made someone feel good.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

I know I'm relatively new here but I like the Illuminati atmosphere. I lurked this place hard for a while to try and get an idea of the flow and I dont want it any easier for anyone else.

Can we have a secret SZ handshake? and maybe lapel pins and shit like the Masons?

(I guess that cross ring kinda counts already?)
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

is the reason that there are a million nobies on here in the past weeks because superfuture sucks now? how pathetic.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Maldoror summed it up well.

It's not the idea that she was flipping the pieces... everyone does that and it's all good. Like a physical store, it doesn't matter what you got it for, if the price you ask for it is considered reasonable then it's all cool. What rubbed me the wrong way was how she approached it by asking Runner all these questions and claiming this and that and then they're up on ebay the day after with that same information that Runner thought he was providing someone who was into the pieces as much as he was.

How much money she makes independent of all this may factor in a bit, but cash is cash so I don't hate on that... it's just the situation as a whole, and like Maldoror said, one could have initially argued that she wasn't doing all this purely for the bucks, but after she deleted my posting, she went back and edited one of hers.

anyways, it is what it is... let's get back to talking about the frustrating layout of SuFu these days ;)
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merz
                sufu done gone entombed itself in a horrid layout.

a facepalm moment, if there ever was one.
                I'm a huge fan of the ability to automatically wipe out threads by editing a post.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

procrastination=individual bowls of coins separated by type

sometimes it is just necessary
                  Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                    i'm happy i wasn't eating something or it would be on the screen
                    Your mac to!
                    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

I got your point Faust and Chinorz, totally agree...if i would have more or less endless sources of money just to use for clothes i would also be more generous to my fellow SZlers... and yeah,the whole situation speaks indeed against her!
                      Dont know the details about that girl, haha...seems you all know her...

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I understand. The point is that the girl is a ballerina. I sometimes resell for a profit, and so do others. But if I was rich, believe me, I'd rather do a favor for someone and be happy knowing that I made someone feel good.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

i'm quite sure she at least reads this forum. In a tfs pm today she referred to me by name and then made some comment about my apparent lack of medical professionalism... not that it has anything to do with all this

Either way, it's whatever.

Like Merz said, a festering cloaca

Makes me laugh out loud just to read it
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

festering cloaca.

I LOVE IT. So much so, I'm using it in a conversation tonight.
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

Every once in a while, I have a cosmically in tune kind of a day or something. I know for sure it is one of these days, when I have an effect on dogs. I was walking down the street and caught eyes with this cute little white dog, it stopped and kept trying to pull its owner back across the street to me. I laughed so finally, the owner gave up and the dog came and jumped on me, giving me tons of little kisses. He said I am so sorry he is normally not like this and does not bother people. He had to drag him away from me. Then, it happened again in the bodega below my apt. A dog was sitting waiting patiently with his owner by the counter, I walked around the corner and smiled at the dog and he started jumping up on me holding onto my hand, giving tons of kisses. The guy was taken back and apologetic, saying he never does that. I said no problem, sometimes this happens to me. Apparently, I have an effect on dogs.

It happens with people too. Two different women today did this strange stare at me, watching me go by them, the eye locking thing...at least, they usually dont start jumping on me kissing my hands.
                            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

hmmm, maybe the dog owners have teached their dogs to act like this when good looking women are walking by to get into a chat?
                              And for the women...if you were wearing all your gorgeous wraparound Rick stuff i know why they stared at you...

Seriously, sometimes there is a strange connection/attraction between strangers,why should it not be between animals and humans? You seem to have a good karma in contrast to that tfs lady Albert is right now

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kira View Post
                                procrastination=individual bowls of coins separated by type

sometimes it is just necessary
                                procrastination and laziness are prerequisites for creativity.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎