X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Thinking to go to a shooting range and learn how to fire a gun. For no specific reason, just want to learn how to do something new.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
      • Jan 2010

^It is quite fun actually, especially when you get a sporting person to teach you how to use it. The recoil even on a standard handgun is pretty strong - I wasn't expecting something like it. Very cool.

I also took up diving as well as ceramic(!) classes during my spare time. Sometimes just doing somethign for the heck of it is part of the appeal.
      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Yeah. I actually wanted to take up archery, but it looks like a pain in the ass in New York.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

I had to do CCF whilst in school and we got to shoot GP rifles on the range. It was rather fun really, and there was something enjoyable to learning how to dismantle and clean the rifle. The marching and sleeping under a poncho during rainy nights bit was not that fun though - I'm not quite the outdoors type.
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
            • Jan 2010

I had archery in school, it was okay for awhile, but, on the competition side it wasn't very great; not many schools take up archery over here.

Planning to start on woodwork! Seems to be a great thing to do, not only because it's helpful in the future, but, because of that feeling of "I made this cupboard, it may be half-assed-broken-in-some-parts, but, I made it!"
            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

jil sander + buzzcut = soulless android
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Thinking to go to a shooting range and learn how to fire a gun. For no specific reason, just want to learn how to do something new.
                if you think archery is a pain in the ass in new york...they will not let you even hold a pistol - literally - without going through a permit process that is the most lengthy (half year or so) tedious (reams of paperwork; visits to various buildings downtown; an interview) and best of all expensive (to the tune of $500) endeavor you can begin to imagine.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I don't need a gun permit, don't plan on owning one. Just want to know how to handle one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

Before I found out that Haagen Dazs was just a made up name, one of my cousins told me that they were named after the founders - William Haagen and Dazman Dazs.

I believed him throughout my childhood.
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

^ Fark, woodwork is awesome. Manly AND creative. Everything a woman wants. Lol I joke.

But in all seriousness I encourage you to do so. There's a lot of similarities between clothes and woodwork. Functionality, practicality, aesthetics, etc. and it's fun. If anything...I find wood easier to work with compared to cloth.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                        • Jan 2010

Nice! I suppose you do woodwork as well? I was inclined to start when i saw Christian's stuff - his use of rustic wood and metal is so great. I helped the family carpenter with some cupboards for my sister's room a month ago, and it was fun! I think it helps a great deal when you're working with someone who knows his way, even better when you're mighty comfortable with him/her. I got to use those huge ass screwdriver/round thing that does holes, mad fun.
                        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Yeah I did it while I was in high school for a few years and really liked it. Also my dad's the kind of a person who encourages self learning and DIYs so I still do a bit here and there now. It's definitely easier to learn off somebody else, as it is with everything, but it's by no means hard just trying it out for yourself.

I'm contemplating picking up wood carving.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                            • Jan 2010

Great.

I almost did wood carving, I was given a contact for a place to go but I backed out because the place was an hour away. that's why I took up ceramics and clay (which is quite therapeutic I must say). Woodworking is really something I should get into, especially because I might be doing furniture for my exhibition this year.
                            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                              jil sander + buzzcut = soulless android
                              add to the 'sz aesthetic' names:

[ soulful android ]
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                I don't need a gun permit, don't plan on owning one. Just want to know how to handle one.
                                ownership is the least of it. you are not allowed to hold, handle, or operate a pistol without a permit in nyc. they won't let you even touch a pistol at the range.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎