• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jogu View Post
    hmmm decent assortment and i like tha name of the place rofl
    Haha, it's definitely a no-frills place. But it's inexpensive and the folks are nice
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

if Spongebob could vogue

http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• laughed
        • Jul 2009

why don't actors have websites?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

so you don't post what they wear on SZ
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acéphale
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
            if Spongebob could vogue
            ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

people aren't even aware...sometimes of the damage they do to others. I'm glad that now ive translated negative energy that I receive from others as a way to achieve an elation. Probably somewhat unhealthy, though

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

this guy is about to have the scariest moment of his life

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

I bet there's a few good articles about Abercrombie & Fitch out there... I also have a few papers on Senegalese fashion and the social implications of expensive fabrics/prints that are used to reveal status etc, among other things. You may also find this interesting.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                    this guy is about to have the scariest moment of his life
                    those guys are fuckin idiots , i cant see what hes shootin at but i hrd someone mention iron . they shoulda been divin when they heard that whistle instead of just standin there like ho hummmm

Comment

• Acéphale
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
                      about symbolic consumption, conspicuous consumption, status symbols and identity expression?

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• whitney
                        • Dec 2009

I was working Monday and some random guy comes up to me and asked if I can help him be a "hair model" basically cut my hair because he's a student learning..I was skeptical but made an appt anyways since he was gonna do it free--

later this girl comes up to me to ask the same thing, psycho killer seems like less of a probability so I feel better, still googles the salon though

seems legit so I went the next day and on my way in I saw the factory. the stuff is kind of cool, not super but for the price they're commanding the pieces are pretty unique and well made

turns out they do commission pieces..the gist of it is to keep their seamstress working year-round--but I'm kind of psyched because I like the work and I've been meaning to find someone that can sew the pieces I have in my head cos I can sew.. it's not too pricey either I think, I hope,
                        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Acéphale, are these your books? Do you read Greek?
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

alright, i knew i should've taken german in school. Damn it!
                            So, i'm pretty serious about learning german. So much so that in about 2 weeks i'm only going to speak german for a year - except of course at work. Words and sentences I don't know, i'll force myself to learn. Any communication with fam or friends - you got it - german. i may toss in a little english depending on how it all goes....
                            beyond that
                            Rosetta Stone, tons of books, from learning the language to original Heidegger. Also have stocked up on my German films (boy, there really isn't much)....anyway, anyone learn another language by themselves care to offer any tips? the word is still out on how long this will actually take me. I'm giving myself a year to be pretty good with it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                              alright, i knew i should've taken german in school. Damn it!
                              So, i'm pretty serious about learning german. So much so that in about 2 weeks i'm only going to speak german for a year - except of course at work. Words and sentences I don't know, i'll force myself to learn. Any communication with fam or friends - you got it - german. i may toss in a little english depending on how it all goes....
                              beyond that
                              Rosetta Stone, tons of books, from learning the language to original Heidegger. Also have stocked up on my German films (boy, there really isn't much)....anyway, anyone learn another language by themselves care to offer any tips? the word is still out on how long this will actually take me. I'm giving myself a year to be pretty good with it.
                              Perhaps a silly question... but where do you live?

When I lived in Berlin, it essentially forced you to speak German, read German and listen to it everywhere. If you actively take part in the learning process (versus via passive diffusion) then an immersive experience would be best.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

right now i live in nyc. im not exactly sure if or when im going to move to berlin - but i am reallllly thinking about it. obviously living there i will learn more but i would like to learn as much as i can beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎