X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I actually remember this from when I was in the military and studied old ranks. the original word in Italian is 'colonello', which derived from capitano colonello, a "captain of a column" in the Roman army. in French both coronel and colonel were used at some point and in spanish its coronel, and a mix of those was interpreted in english.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• D_S
      • Jul 2008

Yep, for a while the three syllable 'coronel' was the preferred spelling in English as well. We ended up with the alternate spelling but continued to pronounce it the old way and dropped the middle syllable out of linguistic laziness.

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

I'm kinda upset and have to write it of somewhere.

Damn fake Rick Owens-sneeks that I bought (yeah, stupid mistake). Started a paypal-dispute cause the seller didn't answer me anymore. He quickly answers and writes shit that isn't true and makes me look like a fucking gangster and then raise the dispute to a claim.

I'm certain that paypal will be on his side due to the fact that he lied in the dispute, and didn't let me have any chance of replying.

Fucking shit.

Comment

• D_S
          • Jul 2008

^- Sucks man. Does paypal even refund for fake items?

I bought a pair of jeans that were totally fucked and escalated it to a claim immediately because the seller repeatedly said it wasnt his problem and that he want going to do anything.

In less than an hour I got an automated response that paypal does not refund based on misrepresented condition of items. Sided with the seller. $300 wasted.

I could only imagine the massive amount of work required for them to investigate every person that was upset about the condition of an item but still, the policy sucks royal balls.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

they hade some boxes to check out before making the claim, one of them was "imitations - counterfeited goods" so I hope that they actually takes this serious. But cause he made me look like a thief by his stinking lies I guess I'm screwed.

Comment

• D_S
              • Jul 2008

Yep, one of those boxes is also 'item not as described'. I think most of those fucking boxes give auto responses.

I hope for you 'counterfeit goods' gets a human looking at the case. If so, you should have another chance to submit info.

Again, it would be a logistical nightmare to go over every claim but they really need to improve the current system of of 'sorry youre screwed'.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

if this was on ebay, report him as many times as you possibly can. counterfeit goods and fraud report for the item and some sort of a general report for a fradulent seller.

also if the payment went from your credit card, contact the cc company and see if they can reverse the payment.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

From a credit card through paypal. Guess it's my bank I should contact then cause I got my Visa through them.

Have contacted ebay, but will see what other things I can do through them. Maybe a dumb question, but should I do as much as I can _now_ or wait for Paypals veridict.

Comment

• Arcane
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                    From a credit card through paypal. Guess it's my bank I should contact then cause I got my Visa through them.

Have contacted ebay, but will see what other things I can do through them. Maybe a dumb question, but should I do as much as I can _now_ or wait for Paypals veridict.
                    Go to your bank right away and they might be able to help out. You'll need to fill out a form and I believe there is something mentioning fraud stuff on there. Dunno how it works when the payment has gone through Paypal and ebay though...
                    Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

Last time (haha) I got screwed, I did a wire transfer to a danish guy (fuck you René Jorgensen who scam people on Annhagen, to anyone who knows him, give him a fucking slap in the face) I contacted the bank and they said that they couldn't do _anything_, that they didn't interfer with transactions etc.

Comment

• Arcane
                        • Jul 2008

Last time (haha) I got screwed, I did a wire transfer to a danish guy (fuck you René Jorgensen who scam people on Annhagen, to anyone who knows him, give him a fucking slap in the face) I contacted the bank and they said that they couldn't do _anything_, that they didn't interfer with transactions etc.
                        It's different when it comes to credit cards. But as I said, I have no experience regarding this when Paypal and Ebay are involved. May be a different story...
                        Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

I guess it will be, cause the money does probably goes to paypal in their turn gives money to the person, and therefore is paypal the only part that the bank could drawn money from, which they won't do of course. :)

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I vaguely remember hearing about credit card companies reversing payments in some cases, but I dont know how likely this is and no idea how it works.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                              I actually remember this from when I was in the military and studied old ranks. the original word in Italian is 'colonello', which derived from capitano colonello, a "captain of a column" in the Roman army. in French both coronel and colonel were used at some point and in spanish its coronel, and a mix of those was interpreted in english.
                              Originally posted by D_S View Post
                              Yep, for a while the three syllable 'coronel' was the preferred spelling in English as well. We ended up with the alternate spelling but continued to pronounce it the old way and dropped the middle syllable out of linguistic laziness.
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

I'm kinda upset and have to write it of somewhere.

Damn fake Rick Owens-sneeks that I bought (yeah, stupid mistake). Started a paypal-dispute cause the seller didn't answer me anymore. He quickly answers and writes shit that isn't true and makes me look like a fucking gangster and then raise the dispute to a claim.

I'm certain that paypal will be on his side due to the fact that he lied in the dispute, and didn't let me have any chance of replying.

Fucking shit.
                                ouch dude, sorry to hear that. reminds me of the time in college i impulse bought a fake Prada sweater for not-so fake Prada prices ... sigh. live and learn
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎