X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

nailed

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

I like it too....

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      oh, thats because they heard I was going to the US in dec-jan
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        right. just wondering since you've cranked about 50 posts in the last 48 hours.
        the most annoying part is that a lot of them are essentially inconsequential single posts which are broken up into multiple, consecutive parts (for best/worse example, please see "photography is truth..." thread).

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

going to see THE TREE and then over to Times Square during the holidays, with friend and her visiting family, in the cold snow
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Originally posted by kira View Post
            going to see THE TREE and then over to Times Square during the holidays, with friend and her visiting family, in the cold snow
            i dare you to convince them that grand army plaza is times square, much less effort, than, y'know, actually trekking to time square.

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by xadam View Post
              i dare you to convince them that grand army plaza is times square, much less effort, than, y'know, actually trekking to time square.
              that would have been fun, but too late...telling my tale with thawing fingers and toes. it is amazing how many people fill the streets at times square even at midnight. the minute i get there, i instantly remember why i dont go there.

example (in between THE TREE and THE SQUARE) excuse the blurry pic

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

sometimes, amidst the chaos we find immense clarity, then contemplate how the universe works in truly mysterious ways to bring us to a place we needed to be.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

well kira i think the day is enough work to ponder over, let alone the universe. stuff happens, maybe out of chance or a blessed hand, either way it's whatever. Chaos is always there, the only place we ever need to be is right now and right here, once you see this it can't get any more clear...
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

sometimes alcohol and dancing in a closed bar with friends also brings one immense amounts of clarity. and a slight headache the next morning.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

found out today that my girlfriend's mom accidentally threw away the Ron Arad bookworm bookshelf I gave my girlfriend for her birthday 2 years ago... it was taken apart and stored in a rubbermaid bin and she thought it was just plastic junk parts.

$$ouch.

time to get another one.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

ouch..

a while ago I realized that as a kid, I recalled my grandfather having a set of barcelona chairs in his apartment. I started to wonder where they went, and after a bit of exploring found out that some of my relatives had stored them in a crammed up garage, the cushions stacked in piles with random garbage on top and in between, and the metal frames thrown around on top of each other

I took the chairs and had them cleaned, and they look pretty decent now though. would like to see their faces if I told them these are 6k chairs..
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

That's crazy! How old are they? They are probably worth much more than that if your grandfather had them.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

from the 60's I think. basically its the same product that they are still making to this date, so not sure if there is any additional value because of the age.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I think there could be. Hold on to them!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

oh I was by no means comparing to replicas, I'm sure you can get some knock-offs for $700 but the real thing has been pretty much the same for the past 50 years. they switched from a bolted construction to a single piece cast around the same time as Knoll took over the manufacturing, since then there haven't been much changes.

I will defiantely hold on to them. if they were a different colour I'd put two in my apartment, but they are a mid-tan colour which I'm not too fond of, a lighter shade would look much better. lended them to an office now, where they are mostly as decor

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎