Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

tried on the most beautiful Yohji Yamamoto sky blue blazer today. gonna buy it once i unload my Montecristo humidor (for good this time)
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Armadillos can give you leprosy. The world is weird.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• sam_tem
        • Apr 2007

i always thought it was common knowledge that armadillos carried leprosy, but i do live in an area were they used to be quite populous. regardless, truly nasty animals that are definitely to be avoided. i still remember a time when we were hiking in the woods and one of those damn things literally came rolling down the hill in a ball at us, but stopped about 10ft away in the brush and ran off.

on my last flight back from europe i actually sat next to a guy that was coming back from Geneva who was a guest speaker for some WHO convention on leprosy, or something of the like. he had contracted leprosy while working fields in El Paso (because of armadillos) as a kid and spent a good majority of his life at some camp in Louisiana. sounded like he was one of a very few to contract leprosy and then have it go into remission, or whatever you would call it, and be able to lead a relatively normal life afterwards (at least as close as one can that is). the lack of knowledge and general ignorance surrounding the disease is quite tragic as the things he had seen and places he was forced to live sounded traumatic. he definitely felt he owed his entire life to his gf/wife who stayed committed and faithful to him through the whole thing or else it would've been all over a long time ago. i know he wrote a book and it's on amazon, but unfortunately can't remember his name at all.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

At least according to the sources in the NYTimes article I read, it's not widely known, and leprosy is not considered endemic to areas with armadillos, which leads to moderate misdiagnosis. Too bad because prompt antibiotic treatment can (like with lymes) prevent potentially lifelong neurological damage.

Also, this is possibly the greatest thing ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK8dplyTHM
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

leprosy?

Comment

• sam_tem
              • Apr 2007

yeah, i could imagine it's one of those things that's always been suspected but just never scientifically proven. it's long been known throughout central america though.

found that guys book but looks like some reviewers aren't that happy with the writing skills, i suppose growing up poor and living in leper colonies doesn't make for a good writing background. regardless, i just had throw it out there because he was such a great guy and it's always inspiring to meet people that care deeply about trying to help those that are less fortunate and devote their life to it.

Comment

• munch
                • Aug 2008

what neighborhoods are the best value in the city of Vancouver? I'm thinking mount pleasant and commercial drive but seriously no idea, just speculating. any help would be appreciated. where to look for rentals etc thanks!

Comment

• widmerpool
                  • Nov 2010

Every year I have to get a leprosy 'test' for my Russian work permit. The 'test' consists of a dermatologist telling me to take my shoes off and seeing how many toes I have. I shit you not.
                  http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

It will go on my list sam_tem. I read plenty of genre fiction, so I am happy to let a good story carry less impressive writing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by volta View Post
                      the opening voiceover is nuts. the whole film is amazing. thank you for posting.
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
                        . . . on Kate Middleton's wedding gown . . .
                        Commission of the century, indeed. No doubt Ms. Burton is set at McQueen (as if she wasn't already).
                        sain't

Comment

• swami
                          • Jul 2008

CCP 2 way zipper on the boots can be a life saver if detained for 5 hours at a performance .... Die Walkure at the MET mind blown though!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

^ i keep forgetting to go lolz
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

You should go A , If only to experience that behemoth mechanical back stage transformer the orchestra is also excellent quite subtle for Wagner, works well together

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

On to more pressing issues SUPERMAN RENOUNCES US CITIZENSHIP

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎