Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

found this hilarious, email we received cancelling an upcoming retirement planning lunch and learn:

The workshop scheduled on May 5 at 11:30, "What Can Social Security Do For You?" has been cancelled. Due to federal budget cuts, the Social Security Administration is not able to provide a speaker at this time.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
      found this hilarious, email we received cancelling an upcoming retirement planning lunch and learn:

The workshop scheduled on May 5 at 11:30, "What Can Social Security Do For You?" has been cancelled. Due to federal budget cuts, the Social Security Administration is not able to provide a speaker at this time.
      amazing
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• whitney
        • Dec 2009

its weird but doing my taxes last month and found out that even though i selected to have nothing withheld from my paycheck tax wise, i only paid 3.14$ to CA state taxes but paid like, a few hundred to the medicare portion. of course which gets calculated.......? the CA tax. medicare portion does nothing does it?

since i worked two jobs 2010...when i entered my prior job i had a return of 500$ for the state tax, once i entered this job's tax info it dropped to like, 10$. my student loan interest payment brought it back up, but not much.

i checked my recent pay stub and the CA tax portion seems to be in order, i sure as hell have contributed more within the last four months then i have the 11 months in 2010.
        you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Sweet! Check the clips!

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• MWNN
            Banned
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post

You dont know the power of a Dark Side ! Awesome.

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

semi-creepy/disturbing story, not a graphic picture

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

on amazon pre-order..

Go the Fuck To Sleep is a bedtime book for parents who live in the real world, where a few snoozing kitties and cutesy rhymes don't always send a toddler sailing off to dreamland. Honest, profane, and affectionate, Adam Mansbach's verses and Ricardo Cortés' illustrations perfectly capture the familiar--and unspoken--tribulations of putting your little angel down for the night, and open up a conversation about parenting in the process. Beautiful, subversive, and pants-wettingly funny, Go the Fuck to Sleep is a perfect gift for parents new, old, or expectant. Here is a sample verse: The cats nestle close to their kittens now.
                The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
                You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear
                Please go the fuck to sleep.

Comment

• Vanna
                  • May 2008

Fuck my allergies. Maybe alcohol will help.
                  Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Yeah. Especially if you just took a benadryl like I did. Though the thought of passing out seems better then what I'm currently doing. I think 20 pounds of snot is sitting on my lap, soaked up by some pretty battered Kleenex.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

the cure is pretty simple, proper medication or hyposensitization.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
                        • May 2008

Oh stop being logical. haha.

But more seriously, I used to be fine with a benadryl or a claritin. But I think they've gotten worse this year. My eyes never used to burn before and for the first time ever, this spring, they burn like crazy.
                        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

why is solid/white canned tuna neither solid nor white these daze?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                            Oh stop being logical. haha.

But more seriously, I used to be fine with a benadryl or a claritin. But I think they've gotten worse this year. My eyes never used to burn before and for the first time ever, this spring, they burn like crazy.
                            mine got worse a few years ago, taking medication regularly (starting 2-3 weeks before the assumed pollen period) helped quite a bit, but I ended up going to hyposensitization last fall. barely any allergies this spring.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

^What do they actually do to you? I'm not familiar with the treatment. It might be worth looking into if there's a good chance it will work for me.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

you are basically given the allergen in increasing doses, and your body builds resistance to it. its either pills or injections, the former you need to take daily I think for a very long period of time, the latter is a shot to your arm once a week for a couple of months, then less frequently for a few months. for a majority of people, the allergy can stay away for many years or even the rest of your life. not sure what allergies its currently available, I was treated for birch and timothy which are the most common pollen here and my worst allergies as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎