Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

imagine its already been shared

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

SWAG!

Little does he know that in the UK street slang SWAG means SHIT!
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

It's almost june and it is snowing outside. I need to move.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
          It's almost june and it is snowing outside. I need to move.
          unless you live in the mountains, then you need to tour.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
            when the whole "arab spring" thing was taking off he had this insanely absurd rant where he was showing the whole middle east erupting in flames and people were soundtracking it to instrumental hip-hop. it was seriously crazy how awesome it sounded. wish i could find those sound clips again, surely someone here knows what about it and can find them.

edit: found it, i can't get enough of this

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=Yn...rName=Not+Sure
            ^^^awesome....

Originally posted by christianef View Post
            ^^^i really wish i hadn't watched that...
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

if you want to read nytimes.com without paying, you can google the article title and click on the article link to read it with no restrictions..

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                if you want to read nytimes.com without paying, you can google the article title and click on the article link to read it with no restrictions..
                Just for kicks, I looked into writing a little extension to autotweet the article link,click and follow it. That turns out to be easy too. The Times is basically saying "we would appreciate it if you paid us for the articles we produce."

I think that's a good system for news. News is important, and once a month or so, the times actually pays someone competent to write real news. That should be available to everyone, but if you want to read everything that interests you (in my case the dining and wine section + krugman), you should pay. I would be happy to pay if it quashed the ads. Right now, I never run out of free articles anyway, since I tend to be browsing from multiple computers with multiple browsers in multiple operating systems. But, if I run out, I'll probably pay even though they will continue trying to advertise to me.
                Last edited by theetruscan; 05-26-2011, 04:17 PM.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                  ^

^^^i really wish i hadn't watched that...
                  I clicked on it and the moment I realized what the story was about i stopped watching,..............there is just certain things I don't wanna know....................a man gotta keep his soul pure and "the eyes are the gateway to the soul"........
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                    • Oct 2010

My dog is a bigger poser than I am =D

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

^Aww.

I was just looking up cats for adoption. I really want to adopt a cat. Le sigh.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

Note: this is not a dystopian movie setting, it's your country killing innocent people in their own homes and leaving behind tragically broken families and then trying to cover it up

oh well, anyone seeing Hangover II tonight?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

R.I.P. GIl Scott Heron
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

^^oh wow. dang...

um...well on a completely unrelated note (random!) i just watched this very very very funny video series of pranks. these 2 guys having a prank war and it is really good. dunno if its old news or not but dude its funny...

u gotta start at the beginning with the audio prank and watch it escalate from there...
                            Last edited by cjbreed; 08-04-2011, 12:37 PM.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jogu
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                              http://youtu.be/XP0f00_JMak

Note: this is not a dystopian movie setting, it's your country killing innocent people in their own homes and leaving behind tragically broken families and then trying to cover it up
                              ahh idk how i feel about that situation . ive read a few articles on it 2 nites ago , last nite , and today and im still not sure what i think of it . theres 2 sides to every story but from the majority of what ive read the stories are pushing in mad defense of the guy that got killed .

honestly tho i think the team did the appropriate thing . if u got a tac team at the other end of a hall aiming at u , mind u with shields that most likely say " POLICE " and ur holding a firearm and they tell you to disarm you better fuckin drop it . some articles i read say he fired at them , some say he prolly didnt and the safety was still on . SO FUCKIN WHAT when ur told by law enforcement to disarm you do it . and if u dont but take some kinda action other than disarming then the appropriate thing , i kno this is kinda harsh , is to engage the suspect . theres no waiting for him put his firearm down and tie a cute lil peace ribbon on it after youve given him a specific command to disarm and he doesnt and then starts motioning to do somethin else . ppl who wait in those situations are the stories of cops gettin killed .

also even if nothing was found in that guys apt that doesnt mean he wasnt still involved in illegal activity . the dept had enough evidence to get a warrant AND send their swat team so whatever drug shit was goin on wasnt just some guy growin herb in a flower pot on his window

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

the main issue is this kind of thing happens all the time in the drug war and is nothing new or rare. cops line up the warrants and then screw it up by busting into the wrong house unannounced and kill innocent people. i'm sure this guy had them square in his line of sight and never popped off a shot but since cops have the right to shoot to kill the second they see a gun just like the homeowner does, they didn't hesitate. doesn't matter if he realized they were police or not, swat teams are trained to protect themselves and wouldn't have given him time to react. the homeowner could have shot every one of them and still been within his right to defend his family though.

cops fucked up big time, no question about it, and an innocent person paid with his life. the paper trail of a cover up afterwards is whats really scary. certainly human nature, a big scary world and easy gun laws means these accidents will happen and we just have to stomach it, but it's the lack of acknowledgement on the killers hands that really pisses me off.

question is, should this kind of stupid crap be happening over weed. if you've seen anything about the evidence found linking this guy to the charges he's accused of i'd love to see a link, because otherwise he's innocent until proven guilty where i come from.
                                Last edited by sam_tem; 05-29-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎