X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

sounds similar to how its over here, except here UPS is the only one that has their own trucks in many bigger cities, DHL has a few cars and who brings it varies, Fedex is always delivered by a local partner courier. the local couriers are actually more user friendly though, they call before attempting delivery, UPS doesn't. I asked their local manager once, could they call isntead of making two useless attempts at delivering to my home adress when I'm at work and leaving notes between the building door, and the guy basically said "um, no".
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

love this one
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        I doubt they have that sort of mailbox locations for couriers in sweden, its more of a US thing. at least over here the nearest (and only) UPS depot is their delivery center which is a 20-minute drive away, same for Fedex and DHL. I still occasionally find it more convenient for them to hold it and pick it up though than having to wait between a certain time.

whats more annoying is the local UPS operator, which doesn't even bother to call, they just attempt to deliver at some random time during the day when most people aren't home. then, they leave a damn note between the front door of the apartment building which most of the time probably falls off.
        sorry. sometimes i forget how NY is an entity of its own. everything is just around the corner. 20 miles away puts me in the valley...

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

yeah, it's funny, I guess all drivers has cellphones with them as every other ordinary people or worker, cause I guess they'll call in to office sometime during the day. But always "No, we don't provide such service". It almost isn't a service, just common sense! It has to take longer to write the note then to just button in a cellphone number and call.

Comment

• Davie
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bestial View Post
            yeah, it's funny, I guess all drivers has cellphones with them as every other ordinary people or worker, cause I guess they'll call in to office sometime during the day. But always "No, we don't provide such service". It almost isn't a service, just common sense! It has to take longer to write the note then to just button in a cellphone number and call.
            Exactly my thought. I was never home when they deliver. Except last time, the DHL driver, on his 2nd attempt, used his OWN cell to call me so that I would be there, good service!!

Comment

• Johannes Thorsen
              • Jun 2007

Same thing happend to me. Some woman called and had no idea why she asked, if she should leave it in the garage, but just said "yes". When I came home, I remembered the order and found the package behind the garage door Some of the DHL guys call me if im not home, but most dosn't - but they have never left a note though. They always just leave the package in my garage for some reason... Not so funny when we have had 3 buglary attempts in the last 6 months (atleast the could call first, to make sure I get home that day, and got a chance of knowing about the package).

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

remember when I had bought the Joy Division - Closer vinyl and the postman thought it would be a great idea to stick it in the snow behind the mailbox. It stood there for like 4-5 hours before I came home, hah.

Comment

• electric_alyce
                  • Mar 2008

Oooh, shit-throwing about the UPS! I spent a whole day back and forth with the "#$%&/ UPS-guy, which ended up with me standing outside in the cold for an hour the day before I was going to play a concert to get two pairs of shoes... Oh, and I ended up paying twice as much for shipping and taxes than the two pairs of shoes.
                  Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Priceless
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I saw that and laughed for like ten minutes straight.
                      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post
                        sorry. sometimes i forget how NY is an entity of its own. everything is just around the corner. 20 miles away puts me in the valley...
                        well out here in your new land the nearest fed ex depot is 20 minutes away or a 30 dollar car ride if you want the car to wait for you in butt fuck nowhere. i found out the hard way
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          well out here in your new land the nearest fed ex depot is 20 minutes away or a 30 dollar car ride if you want the car to wait for you in butt fuck nowhere. i found out the hard way
                          ouch...well in my new land, the man at the place across the street signs for my building. he is kind of a slightly off, hippie dude, that takes a while to find your package, but manages to find it in the end. wears a bandana and all. does it for $1.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

In case any of you ever doubt the quality of my merchandise and its sources, just wanted you to rest assured that everything is legit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• J_J
                              • Apr 2008

frame that immediately or put it in a glass case. it can become the next pilgrimage destination.

Comment

• loveless
                                • Feb 2007

am i the only 1 thats been sick 2x already this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎