X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

Pink slime is the meat that the butchers rejected, basically. It's the connective tissue and other leavings, usually outer areas of the carcass that have more opportunities to get exposed to bacteria — what a 2003 Beef Products, Inc.-financed study referred to as “larger microbiological populations.” If microbes were hipsters, this would be Williamsburg. It was once shipped off to be used in oil and dog foods, until an entrepreneur thought that it might be salvageable for human consumption.

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

Wow, my boyfriend is wasted.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

These thefts led to the single most hypocritical day of my life so far, a day on which I both 1.) called the police on the drug dealers and 2.) bought drugs.* (Not, of course, from those drug dealers, which really would have been tacky.) If you were to ask me which of these two acts I am more ashamed of it would be no contest at all: calling the police on anyone, for any reason, unless that person is at that moment standing uninvited in your living room stabbing your wife, is the act of a busybody, a craven, and a fool. Voluntarily involving the police in your life is just a bad idea (once they show up I feel like the odds are even that they'll arrest you instead), and, more importantly, you forfeit, or at least compromise, your God-given right to hate and fear the police as all decent (mostly) law-abiding citizens do. I like to have some plausible-sounding rationalization ready for all my poor decisions, but I have to say I've given this one a lot of thought and I've come up with nothing. It was completely indefensible. All I can say is that having two (2!) laptops stolen in one year is very vexing indeed, and junkies were hanging out in the stairwell, and I just lost patience. To drug dealers everywhere: I apologize.

(Do I even need to mention that calling the police had exactly the same effect as not calling them does? Arresting drug dealers is not really the police's thing, it seems. Nor is finding burglars. If you see any unarmed college hippie kids sitting passively in a park, though, they will show up en masse in Kevlar armor and pepper-spray them right away.)

Comment

• TheThief
          • Mar 2011

Do not click if you suffer from arachnaphobia.

http://io9.com/5891091/massive-spide...-escape-floods

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Really impressive on the pictures but in front of you in real, i think i will be really frightened even i'm not arachnaphobe.

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
              Fascinating how fast this KONY 2012 movement have been spreading. Not sure exactly what to think about it all but it's still very interesting to follow.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

SZ wouldn't do well in Iraq

"Human rights advocates say the threats and violence are aimed at gay men and at teenagers who style themselves in a uniquely Iraqi collage of hipster, punk, emo and goth fashions. The look, shorthanded here as “emo,” has flourished on Baghdad’s streets as an emblem of greater social freedom as society has begun to bloom after years of warfare. But it has drawn scorn and outrage from some religious conservatives, and is often conflated with being gay."
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                  • Apr 2007

2012, the year of emo backlash (or alternatively, a global 90's flashback). glad to hear that the catholic church was again promoting gay hate throughout the country during this past sundays services. nice to know they have their own priorities and can blind themselves to what their intolerance causes in less free parts of the world.

didn't want to even bring it up, but since i see you guys talking about KONY this was just beyond mind-blowing for me:

americans are now terrorists in afghanitstan. after the koran burning and this, there can't be any way to recover. Obama has done nothing to end these wars, it will be the iraqi's and afghans finally kicking our butts out that will end them.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

WW2 history in kick ass gif format

awesome
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      SZ wouldn't do well in Iraq

"Human rights advocates say the threats and violence are aimed at gay men and at teenagers who style themselves in a uniquely Iraqi collage of hipster, punk, emo and goth fashions. The look, shorthanded here as “emo,” has flourished on Baghdad’s streets as an emblem of greater social freedom as society has begun to bloom after years of warfare. But it has drawn scorn and outrage from some religious conservatives, and is often conflated with being gay."
                      This article brings up pangs of biliferous nostalgia. I was in my early teens when emo hit here and the only difference between my home town and Iraq is that the kids weren't beaten to death.

In my high school we had a student group called STAND, an acronym for Socially Together And Naturally Diverse. They were going to hold a tolerance event at school during my freshman year. Some of the student body were successful at convincing the rest that it was actually going to be a gay pride sort of thing, and the result was kids passing out fliers on the health hazards of gay sex. On the day in question a little more than half of the students ditched or were withheld from school by their parents, who had also been convinced of that rumor and didn't want their children supportin no homos.

I lived in San Bernadino county, just outside the Greater Los Angeles area.

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

On the KONY front - People who think Carl Weathers is Joseph Kony
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• TheThief
                          • Mar 2011

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

i have big big brunello drunk
                            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Comment