X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by laughed View Post
    just pointing that out to all the idiots trying to gang up all me....you're idiots too! fucking idiots.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• #ruin
      • Jul 2011

Reading laughed's posts here genuinely got me feeling annoyed. How some people can be so ignorant is beyond me.

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

This is just absolutely ridiculous. Petition!

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
            This is just absolutely ridiculous. Petition!
            Next week: Judge implicated in cash for kids scam with local privatized jail.

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

The lemon grass I planted is growing so fast.
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Comment

• Tarian
                  • Apr 2012

So nice weather we're having in the UK at the moment.
                  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.
                  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Is anyone handy with Latin? pm me, I'm rusty and I need help rendering a few phrases.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                      Is anyone handy with Latin? pm me, I'm rusty and I need help rendering a few phrases.
                      fukoffum plumbum
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

nutrientibus mea cōleī

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Bloomberg apparently thinks he can be as far reaching as Durant. Not sure who is advising Bloomberg on the soda. Doesn't take an MPH to figure out there may be better ways to tackle the issue. Like maybe schools...but wait, coke and pepsi contribute significant funds to the city's charter schools? fukt.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

That was my first question - why don't you ban those soda machines in schools already. Not sure who is advising him on the soda, but it's his last term and it doesn't look like he has other political ambitions. Although, power is a drug, who knows. I doubt the Republicans will accept a Jew from New York.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Bloomberg is a royal jackass who has done more damage in his last term to NYC than any good he did in the first two.........
                              I think his grand plan was to keep himself relevant until he could run for president,

there are many things I disagree with, but the one thing I will forever support is individual freedom to do whatever you want to yourself, no state should tel me how much of what i should drink, my money, my body I do what I want and live with the consequences

hence the buying of a third term, now he seems to be out of options and just dont want to go away.

its interesting for me to watch the politics show here in America, the way these Politicians attach each other with viscountess and hate in order to seize power is worst than the savagest of men,
                              How can anyone see them as people of integrity and honesty worthy of voting for and putting in power to rule on our behalf.

As a religious man and an aspiring philosopher, I think I have weaned myself of any possible loyalty to any kind of political power or party, they are all a stain on human civilization, somehow a necessary evil.

in a way i feel like democracy has run its course, but the great dilemma is that we are out of options.........

When someone like Bloomberg can use his money to buy a third term, and politicians can build up a war chest that essentially secures them victory is democracy doing what it really what it was intended to do?................

My allegiance is to love truth and justice, and when I see the kind of lies, mean spirited aggression and selfishness displayed by both parties, I exit the stage, I bow out and i say to all, a big damn shame on you

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              That was my first question - why don't you ban those soda machines in schools already. Not sure who is advising him on the soda, but it's his last term and it doesn't look like he has other political ambitions. Although, power is a drug, who knows. I doubt the Republicans will accept a Jew from New York.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                there are many things I disagree with, but the one thing I will forever support is individual freedom to do whatever you want to yourself, no state should tel me how much of what i should drink, my money, my body I do what I want and live with the consequences
                                Ignoring, for the moment, the amount of money that has been spent finding ways to engineer consumable food-like substances that bypass evolutionary safeguards regarding weight, I still have a question.

Assuming we allow unlimited individual liberty (I'm going to rule out smoking in restaurants and the like as they harm others), how does society deal with the consequences. "Letting" people get arbitrarily fat results in substantial health costs. Do we assume people will either find insurance or die? Do we collectively decide that, to protect individual liberty, we will pay an unbounded amount to save people's lives once their own decisions have harmed them? Do we find some middle ground where we cap the societal cost of poor decisions, support people until that point, then leave them to their own devices? I'm just curious, these seem purely academic.

I, personally, don't see anything wrong with taking preventative measures to mitigate the effects of the processed food industry*. But, banning supersized drinks does seem less beneficial than, say, removing sweet beverages from public schools.

I guess I don't really see the "my money, my whatsis, I live with the consequences" as a good way to look at the situation when you have a multi-billion dollar industry spending staggering sums of money to find ways to sabotage your body's built-in appetite regulation. In some cases I agree, but the odds are just too stacked against most people for my tastes there. A little help doesn't strike me as a bad thing. I think it would be better to make it easier to do good things, rather than harder to do bad things, but, eh, I'm rambling to avoid finishing a project.

* wrong phrase, tired, meh. Also, there's ample evidence that societal weight gain has more to do with the nature of the food available now than it does with people's individual decisions. It's crazy to me how little it takes to skew results. F'rinstance, http://fanaticcook.blogspot.com/2012...-makes-it.html references a study that shows statistically significant weight gain over just a few months from consuming the same food, but with added air to make it softer.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎