X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Grasshoppers eat plant fibers. Clothing is made from plant fibers. Don't let them live.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Karamazov
        • Jan 2011

Baited traps with glue or sticky paper are probably your best bet.

Also, I think it's mainly crickets that destroy clothes, but grasshoppers will eat through cotton or wool if there's no food around.

Comment

• Carcass
          • May 2010

And who will pay for the dry cleaning afterwards?

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

*applies to wayward grasshoppers, as well.
            sain't

Comment

• Vanna
              • May 2008

Im really fucking excited for "The Dark Knight Rises."
              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

watching this right now - pretty interesting...

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2011

have really bad ocd about clothing. every garment from a brand has to be the same size

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Interesting article about artists rights:

When one of the world’s richest living artists orders you to stop making art, you do it. Or do you? That is what Chuck Close has done to me. In response, I have developed a 100-year plan that will allow my digital art to outlive any threats of legal action.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• crtk001
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
                      Interesting article about artists rights:

http://hyperallergic.com/54104/my-chuck-close-problem/
                      I want to know how much of these was just stuff he knew, or a case for copyright in art that he googled and researched after having been told to stop by Close. I was impressed he brought in the Sherri Levine reference which would be his best case I feel, because the two end pieces are identical.

What he's doing is derivative, self admittedly by referring to it as "Free Chuck Close Art", but also in what his end product is. Assemblage has a wonderful history in art, but it's done as re-appropiation, look at Richard Hamilton's work. It's this thought into the work that permits Levine work too. What he is doing is taking Chuck Close's painting, cutting them up, and recreating his Close's work with the pieces. There's no re-appropation, or re-contextualization, its simply reproduction and not even creating his own pieces to do so with.

He's just whiny and trying to now try to save his ass by attempting to through himself into the middle of the whole digital copyright debate thats been going on.

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Interesting read but yea I agree with the above. I agree creativity doesn't come out of thin air, but there are basic differences between the legitimate forms of direct appropriation he sites (ie. recontextualization or other transformations that demonstrate a point of view coming from the artist) and what he is doing which replicates another artists style without him adding anything to it. I totally think what he's doing is legit as an homage and for that reason if I was Close I would let him continue, but I don't think I'd call the images created with his program art.

There's a major fault in what seems to be the base of his argument "I believe my digital mosaics were not copying his art but rather a logical extension of the creative process." The problem is that it isn't an extension of "the creative process" it's an extension of Chuck Close's creative process. Personally, I'm happy to take ideas from wherever I find them but I'm not interested in anyone else's creative process but my own.
                        music

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

I agree with the both of you. It wasn't a logical extension of his creative process, but rather Mr. Close's, like Casey said. I just find it funny that Chuck Close would site these things as reason enough for him to desist:

"It may be an amusing project and many people might like it, but it is MY art that is trivialized, MY career you are jeopardizing, MY legacy, which I have to think about for my children, and MY livelihood. I must fight to protect it."

Especially for an artist with such an illustrious career. I mean, he's not Bacon, or Vermeer, but he's still important enough a part of contemporary art to know that his career will unlikely be jeopardized because of some guys digital version of his work. What an old queen.
                          Last edited by Vanna; 07-09-2012, 11:32 PM.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Czx
                            • Feb 2011

So where are you? I'm pretty much and all the stages at the same time. Did I reach the real godlike level? <the life of music journalist>
                            néant
                            Last.FM paranoia
                            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                            0 > ∞

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

^Wow this is amazing! I'm working on a PhD in music so I definitely spend a lot of time in level 6 to infinity, though I'm not ashamed to admit I spend a lot of time in level 1 and 2 as well.
                              music

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

apparently this is plebeian level music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢