X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

insane size and volume. there isn't any alternative so they are able to treat people like shit.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I've had pretty good luck with ebay. Yea, fees suck but it exposes your item to a ridiculously huge market. I've sold lots of things that languished in the classifieds here. Heck, I even once sold a used j. crew sweater for more than I paid for it lol.

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
      I sold one thing on eBay, as a trial run for selling more on eBay.

After that nightmare, I just dropped off a few thousands of dollars of stuff with goodwill. How does eBay stay in business?
      music

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

So far, all three things I have sold went to buyers who fabricated flaws* and used the negative feedback mechanism to essentially attempt to extort a post hoc discount.

Fuck it. Dropping shit off with goodwill was such a better call.

* or in one obvious case dropped my camera taking it out of the box
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I often just donate it too...I just can't be bothered selling things, unless it's very accommodating for me. I still don't really understand the logic in selling old tshirts and stuff anyway, or old shoes for that matter...unless of course for little/no wear.

But I'm careless with my money...so that explains most of it.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

I understand it, Last year I wasted a shit ton of my salary. Its good to be able to recover some money when you no longer want or need something.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

all valid views I think... I've sold many things on Ebay that haven't moved in classifieds here. mostly I've had good luck but there have been some fuck ups as well, so it does bug me when I have to resort to it. I also give away cheaper things but always sell ones that I think people might have use for or still hold notable value.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

one thing im glad about is that they've encouraged people to post more pictures of items which lessens the chance you'd buy something "not as described" i think.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Join us in Defending Paradise here: bit.ly/DefendingParadiseExplore more: http://www.birdsofparadiseproject.org The Birds-of-Paradise Project reveals the as...
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                    one thing im glad about is that they've encouraged people to post more pictures of items which lessens the chance you'd buy something "not as described" i think.
                    It doesn't lessen shit, unfortunately. I've had a scarf returned by some dude who claimed it was the wrong shade of color and I took care to put up true to color photos.

On the flip side, it's good to be a buyer on Ebay.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Indeed it is, I think that when ebay changed their policy that sellers couldn't give negative feedback, the whole situation changed. I can say, as purely a buyer, that it's great! But it would suck to sell anything at this point.

It reminds me of something I saw at Starbucks...the woman in front of me in line had a free coffee coupon. She told the employee that the coupon had expired, and could she still use it ("it, like, just expired"). They agreed, because that's what they do. She proceeded to order the largest, most expensive frozen drink on the menu. She then proceeded to ask if she could have an extra cup, so she could fill it up for her husband to share with her. Then she thought it would just be easier if they did it for her. So, in the end, 2 tall frozen whatevers redeemed with an expired single-drink coupon.

If an advantage can be seized, it will be.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        Indeed it is, I think that when ebay changed their policy that sellers couldn't give negative feedback, the whole situation changed. I can say, as purely a buyer, that it's great! But it would suck to sell anything at this point.

It reminds me of something I saw at Starbucks...the woman in front of me in line had a free coffee coupon. She told the employee that the coupon had expired, and could she still use it ("it, like, just expired"). They agreed, because that's what they do. She proceeded to order the largest, most expensive frozen drink on the menu. She then proceeded to ask if she could have an extra cup, so she could fill it up for her husband to share with her. Then she thought it would just be easier if they did it for her. So, in the end, 2 tall frozen whatevers redeemed with an expired single-drink coupon.

If an advantage can be seized, it will be.
                        if I was this starbucks employee serving her............damn, they would fore me
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

I would have told her to get the fuck out...but that's probably why I don't work in customer service. And for all know, the person working behind the counter got shit from the boss...which naturally this lady wouldn't care about that, or think that far ahead. Milk. The. System.

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            It doesn't lessen shit, unfortunately. I've had a scarf returned by some dude who claimed it was the wrong shade of color and I took care to put up true to color photos.

On the flip side, it's good to be a buyer on Ebay.
                            yah, I guess in the end what cant be avoided is how bad sellers are fucked over at every instance. Paypal is smart by taking this route though.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                              I sold one thing on eBay, as a trial run for selling more on eBay.

After that nightmare, I just dropped off a few thousands of dollars of stuff with goodwill. How does eBay stay in business?
                              i'm assuming you did this for the tax deduction receipt? i'm always afraid to donate high priced items fearing it would trigger an audit.

for clothes worth a couple grand, maybe a consignment store might be the way to go. this is my last resort if i can't sell anywhere else.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                i'm assuming you did this for the tax deduction receipt? i'm always afraid to donate high priced items fearing it would trigger an audit.

for clothes worth a couple grand, maybe a consignment store might be the way to go. this is my last resort if i can't sell anywhere else.
                                Nah, I just tossed the stuff in a goodwill bin.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎