X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Czx
    • Feb 2011

For any sound nerds out there:

Studies in underwater fish sampling undertaken in 1970's. Very interesting.
    néant
    Last.FM paranoia
    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
    0 > ∞

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

pop culture on the skids

Dear America: Just stop caring already.

Funny because it's true.
      I'm the most disconnected person I know – and even I can't escape this hell.

sain't

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

you clearly aren't disconnected then

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

And who entirely CAN be in this day & age?

I'm not Ted Kaczynski, for Christ's sake.
          sain't

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

So, Greece next?

Gezi is seriously sad. I mean Turkey is a pretty respectable country and involved with many major organizations. And this thing will only escalate. People getting ran over by tanks isn't a thing that just goes away in a blink of an eye. Violence breeds violence.
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            0 > ∞

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by profondo nero

Sadly, most of humans yearn to be disconnected, egocentric and passive
              instead of living conscious and actually participating in what is going on around them.. That could be a start of an interesting topic. I'd like to write up my thoughts on it as soon as I'll get some more time.

Just a small example of juxtaposing consciousness that's growing recently.

While 20% is

The 80% is/wants to/gonna be

I don't think most of humanity yearns to be passive; it just "ends up there" through force of habit. Total oxymoron, those last 3 words I just typed, but therein lies the reality..

And I think the opposite is true regarding your comment on disconnection. I believe that the majority of people crave connection to the world around them: they're just looking to inane things to get it. I'm talking, of course, about the kind of connection that benefits the soul, as I'm sure you are.

I do agree that people are much too passive for their own good, let alone the good of humanity. But then, that's because we are all egocentric.

Where we fail is at taking risks. Big risks. The kind that pay off beautifully when we actually take them out of our daydreams and dare to follow them through. Instead, we fill voids in our lives by connecting to bullshit that does nothing for us. Other people's problems become entertainment for us, sheer distraction, be it celebrity gossip or a friend's woes freshly fed into Facebook.

I don't know where I'm going with this.. It's late and I'm tired. All I know is that I can't even go to the store to pick up some mangos without learning about which color wig someone I'd never heard of last week is wearing during this one.
              sain't

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

p.s. I would hate to live life unconscious.
                sain't

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

Where we fail is at taking risks. Big risks. The kind that pay off beautifully when we actually take them out of our daydreams and dare to follow them through. Instead, we fill voids in our lives by connecting to bullshit that does nothing for us. Other people's problems become entertainment for us, sheer distraction, be it celebrity gossip or a friend's woes freshly fed into Facebook.
                  My thoughts exactly. And I'll to that that most of this risk taking isn't taken seriously by other people, mocked even.
                  There is too much information in todays world which leads to news ADD concerning most of society.
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

I don't know where I'm going with this.. It's late and I'm tired. All I know is that I can't even go to the store to pick up some mangos without learning about which color wig someone I'd never heard of last week is wearing during this one.
                    Jonathan Franzen does Best commencement address ever.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by profondo nero
                      Sadly, most of humans yearn to be disconnected
                      lol, that might be true but that desire doesn't stop the majority of society to be glued to their iphones and smartphones. We've gotten to a point where neurologically our brains receive a rush from a text response, a tweet, a ringing notification.

Also, maybe we are arguing different things here, but I think our reliance on technology to form connections with others is a great detriment to us as human beings.

Last edited by Lane; 06-04-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Sorry, ladies!

Throat Cancer Linked to Cunnilingus
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

ahhhggh. just when i was about to post "cunnilingus" in the small luxuries thread. dang. can i still say blow jobs? surely those count as a necessary small...er, average sized...luxury...
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• profondo nero
                            • Aug 2012

No worries, they invented protection already.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

hmm...

if you're nose is all you are protecting you may be doing it wrong

waywt? durex
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                                ahhhggh. just when i was about to post "cunnilingus" in the small luxuries thread. dang. can i still say blow jobs? surely those count as a necessary small...er, average sized...luxury...
                                Fellatio can "lead to" throat cancer as well.

Sorry everyone.

lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎