• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    It can be enjoyable to drive a stick if you have a sporty car and can enjoy the drive, not when you're stuck in traffic or driving to commute
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean. All M is doing when we drive around is pressing pedals and shifting gears :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
      Banned
      • Jun 2009

I love driving a stick. my first car was a '71 vw karmann ghia. I bought it new and never drive a stick before. ... my dad drove it out of the showroom and we waited 'till 9 pm & went to a supermarket parking lot. Stores actually used to close back in da day. I drove around the lot for 1/2 hr and then drove my pop home. I never looked back. I bumper to bumpered on the west side high way for 20 years drivin a stick and I loved it.
      Today I have an automatic shift... sorta like paddle shifter with no clutch and even tho it can be driven completely automatic, I drive it like a stick.

disclaimer: I'm not a huge car guy but listening to good music with the top down @ sunrise or dusk is 1 of life's simple great pleasures.

footnote: chicks drivin sticks are sexy

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

today is Mariano Rivera day @ Yankee Stadium. The Stadium always plays Metallica's "Enter Sandman" when Mo enters games

Metallica is in NYC and rumour has it they they will perform a 1 song concert in Mo's honor today @ the Stadium.... not a Metallica fan but that would be very,very cool!

Last edited by endorphinz; 09-22-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
            I love driving a stick. my first car was a '71 vw karmann ghia. I bought it new and never drive a stick before. ... my dad drove it out of the showroom and we waited 'till 9 pm & went to a supermarket parking lot. Stores actually used to close back in da day. I drove around the lot for 1/2 hr and then drove my pop home. I never looked back. I bumper to bumpered on the west side high way for 20 years drivin a stick and I loved it.
            nice, KG's are awesome. I've had a few 80's VW's in the past but nothing older. I have a couple of friends who've had beetles, Typ 3's etc.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

I bought the kg for $3200, including tax. that included $200 (a lot of $$ at the time) for an am/fm STEREO radio. very,very few cars had fm in '71 and NONE had stereo...the radio turned out to be a piece of shit. The car was the obligatory kg amber but it wasn't a convertible..one of my early "big" mistakes. dealer didn't have any convertibles in stock & I refused to wait

I loved the car but in reality,it was a death trap.... no padding or any kind of interior. the frame was just covered with wood tone contact paper.it was air cooled which meant no radiator or fan---->>> no heat unless you were moving and the defrosting/defogging system was non existent. I believe it weighed 1700 lbs and had a "lawn mower motor".. came with a tool kit and a spare belt.

My first excursion was a day trip to montauk point with 2 friends (yeah 1 dude was folded up in the storage area behind the seats)... about 250 miles round trip. I filled up before we left and then when we returned--->I think it was $3.35... gas tank held 10.6 gal

Comment

• endorphinz
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

how well do you see colour? Take this test

I got 8, which isn't so bad

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

I got "You have perfect color vision!".
                    Then I did the gender and age comparison thing and it said my score was 0.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

I was diagnosed as color blind when I was 8. I helped merchandise a men's clothing/ suit line for over 10 years... went to mills to help design goods & pick swatches...... no one ever knew.

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                        I got "You have perfect color vision!".
                        Then I did the gender and age comparison thing and it said my score was 0.
                        Same here, but 0 = perfect.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Yep, but the best score in my gender and age range is -332, I wonder how that works.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Lol!!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                                I bought the kg for $3200, including tax. that included $200 (a lot of $$ at the time) for an am/fm STEREO radio. very,very few cars had fm in '71 and NONE had stereo...the radio turned out to be a piece of shit. The car was the obligatory kg amber but it wasn't a convertible..one of my early "big" mistakes. dealer didn't have any convertibles in stock & I refused to wait

I loved the car but in reality,it was a death trap.... no padding or any kind of interior. the frame was just covered with wood tone contact paper.it was air cooled which meant no radiator or fan---->>> no heat unless you were moving and the defrosting/defogging system was non existent. I believe it weighed 1700 lbs and had a "lawn mower motor".. came with a tool kit and a spare belt.

My first excursion was a day trip to montauk point with 2 friends (yeah 1 dude was folded up in the storage area behind the seats)... about 250 miles round trip. I filled up before we left and then when we returned--->I think it was $3.35... gas tank held 10.6 gal
                                Dude that is awesome! I had a '69 KG like 4 years ago which I had worked on for a while and taught myself how to fix it up and tinker on.

I must say that VW had a good design though with the rear engine the front functioned as a large crumple zone. That plus me changing out the seat belts for modern ones (dear god those lap belts were terrifying) saved my life when someone spun out into my lane in front of me on the highway and I crashed into them.

One of these days I'll have to find a good condition convertible early KG to restore...

it was this:

and became this:

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎