X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Should I be sensible and lease a Kia Optima or impetuous and go for MB C300? Decisions, decisions...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Should I be sensible and lease a Kia Optima or impetuous and go for MB C300? Decisions, decisions...

The Benz, baby. The Benz. That's actually more "sensible" to me.

Funny to see this post right now. I've been looking into getting something from their M class to replace my early RAV4L, but I can't stand the body style of any SUV nowadays. They all borderline look like squatty wagons with that repelling 'aerodynamic' design. Even theirs.
      Been thinking of going back a few years and finding something more classic (i.e. normal-looking). Can't really build your own that way though, so I'm sure the hunt will drag on forever.

And Chinorlz – we hope you walked away ok after that smash-up. That looks pretty serious!
      sain't

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

no c-class. its the diffusion merc

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Good enough for me :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

I just worry for someone like you or me who can be pedantic about details, you might be disappointed with the interior

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I quite like it. I know what you mean and even as recently as 3 years ago I would've agreed with you, but they've finally stepped it up.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

just make sure you have a warranty faust. and hell no to kia optima.

interest1 i have had ml, glk, land rover, q6, q7 and i don't know what all else but for my $$ i prefer the BMW X5.

honorable mention for land rover as it looked cool and has a strong panty dropper effect but it is super trendy and kind of a giant piece of shit actually.
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Magician
                  • Jul 2008

The Korean brands are a pretty great value now. Quality is fast approaching Toyota/Honda and they're decently cheaper.

Of course if you want a luxury car - go luxury. Have to agree with Kunk that the C class isn't the best choice. I'd take an IS Lexus over the C Class or the 3-Series any day. Cheaper maintenance and holds value better.

The German brands don't really shine unless you want something with higher performance.
                  Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

interest1 i have had ml, glk, land rover, q6, q7 and i don't know what all else but for my $$ i prefer the BMW X5.

honorable mention for land rover as it looked cool and has a strong panty dropper effect but it is super trendy and kind of a giant piece of shit actually.
                    I've been hearing good things about the new edition of the Range Rover Sport though. It actually may live up to its name now.

I think I'm still in my early-midlife-crisis since I still love me some high performance vehicles!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

kia is probably more reliable. my s4 has 25k miles and has a gearbox malfunction, i've replaced the tired every 9k miles, the ac works sometimes. tempermental bitch

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post

I'll be sure to ask the sales associate for this feature.

My vote goes to the Hummer for biggest piece of lux shit vehicle out there. Any car that shares a name with fellatio will never make it onto my short list. Nast.
                        sain't

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

What's interesting about the Korean car brands is that apparently the American versions are better made than the Korean counterparts because the companies know that Korean consumers are going to buy their cars anyway so why bother when there's no competition.

Source: my Korean roommate
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

something for Sunday

sain't

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              kia is probably more reliable. my s4 has 25k miles and has a gearbox malfunction, i've replaced the tired every 9k miles, the ac works sometimes. tempermental bitch
                              I've had two Audis. Never again unless under a full warranty.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I really, really fucking hate selfies. A million times more than interest1 hates hashtags. #internetculturefuckinggrates #fuckyourfifteensecondsoffame

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎