Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

this 2600 year old fur lined leather jacket with the fur on the inside is totally ripping off rick owens:

http://i.imgur.com/2PQEVFa.jpg
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• deltapie
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Meanwhile, a 9 year old girl accidentally shoots her 39 year old shooting instructor with an Uzi. Cry, laugh, just don't ask for gun control.
      gun control at a gun range good luck with that.

also for anybody who likes physics:

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
      "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• hamham3002
        • Sep 2008

Had an interesting dream.. where everyone i remember in the dream was wearing these..

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

joan rivers has died and i think it is sad. i really liked her.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

i'm really not well minded these days. i thought i brought a change of clothes to the gym but found 4 pairs of underwear instead.

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

Eugene, is this what people wear in your nightmares (alexander wang and h&m at the same time)?

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Sadly, some of it looks ok in photos, aside from the wang ads. Of course it will be shit kids will sleep on sidewalks for. So, yeah, I guess it is. Throw in some uggs and Tory burch and you have a good Faustian nightmare.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

its that time of year

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

I can see this type of aesthetic fitting into the colorless sz multiverse ... especially in Rick Owens' universe (or Iris Van Herpen's ... but she's not colorless). That said, it seems like it would be very difficult to translate this aesthetic to fashion (or any other medium without an aural component for that matter). This aesthetic might be specific to the interaction between sound and visuals.

Note for anyone confused: this fits sz b/c james hoff manages to find color in a characteristically colorless genre of music: noise. Also, choosing everything and choosing are two different ways of accessing the aesthetic All. (Sorry for the poor wording of that last sentence, what I mean is that SZ explores blandness in the sense of Francois Jullien http://www.zonebooks.org/titles/JULL_INP.html and noisy garish color is an inverse way of achieving roughly the same thing. Of course, SZ does not exclusively explore blandness, that is just one component of the aesthetic. So, the garishly colorful inverse of SZ would be something that deviates from a james hoff type aesthetic ... or maybe there is more inherent deviation in accessing the aesthetic All additively than subtractively (nothing is more accessible to thought than everything ... you can cognize the empty set, but you cannot cognize everything at once), so you wouldn't need to incorporate any additional deviation.)
                    Last edited by trentk; 09-12-2014, 01:16 PM.
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

A raccoon peed on my neighbor's head tonight.
                      I had a feeling it would be a good party, but this exceeded even my expectations.
                      sain't

Comment

• Shifts
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                        A raccoon peed on my neighbor's head tonight.
                        I had a feeling it would be a good party, but this exceeded even my expectations.
                        And here I thought my close encounter with a Polish pigeon yesterday was special: It didn't navigate properly, steered right for my head and gave me a good whoppin' with its wing.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

"The (New York) citywide poverty rate remained stalled at about 21 percent (in 2013). About 1.7 million New Yorkers were living below the official federal threshold for poverty, with the biggest numerical increase among New Yorkers who are 18 to 64 years old.
                          In the metropolitan area, more people were living below the poverty threshold in 2013 than the year before. In 2012, the federal poverty threshold was $11,170 for an individual and $23,050 for a family of four."
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

A really fucked up follow up stat, that is quite the contrary is that I believe 1 in 15 people in Manhattan are millionaires.

So ~7% of people are millionaires and 20% are below the poverty line. That's insane to me....

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

Happy with the result of the Scottish Referendum.

Comment

• Shifts
                                • Jul 2013

I never checked the times tamps on the dbdbdb666 character's posts. If that was some sort of half-elaborate bot in play or a person I'm not sure; one line replies, but with some sort of content related to the thread. I'm curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎