Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

I had a dream last night that a special order I made got screwed up and I got a pair of chunky M_moria boots in red patent leather, complete with yellow laces. I looked exactly like Ronald McDonald.
    Last edited by Sombre; 02-11-2015, 09:40 AM.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show. I'm in mourning.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Very sad news, he said he might retire but of course there are rumors floating around that he'll end up on another show. Regardless, his last day on the Daily Show will be a dark day indeed
        Originally posted by Faust
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I am sure the show will continue and lord knows it has produced a slew of political comic luminaries, so they probably will find a good replacement, but there is only one Jon Stewart!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Very sad, though inevitable I guess. This is the first time ever I actually felt really strongly about some TV related news (a show discontinuing, changing or whatever)..
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Resonkuken
              • Oct 2012

Brian Williams has got nothing to do for 6 months........

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                Very sad, though inevitable I guess. This is the first time ever I actually felt really strongly about some TV related news (a show discontinuing, changing or whatever)..
                Agreed. He matters because he provides catharsis for the sane who have to live in the insane world and are powerless to change it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Agreed. He matters because he provides catharsis for the sane who have to live in the insane world and are powerless to change it.
                  I think John Oliver is doing superbly in that same area and could well fill the void left by Stewart.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yes, but how long is his contract for with HBO?
                    Actually, I think Jason Jones could do it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

as long as the writers stick around it should be ok.
                      isn't craig ferguson unemployed now? wonder if he would be any good...
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Yes, but how long is his contract for with HBO?
                        Actually, I think Jason Jones could do it.
                        Not sure, but if HBO doesn't renew I'm sure someone else would snap him up in a heartbeat.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        as long as the writers stick around it should be ok.
                        isn't craig ferguson unemployed now? wonder if he would be any good...
                        Not a bad option. He'd do pretty well too I think.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

RIP David Carr. As sad day for journalism.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

that looks painful^^

on another note, any SZ'ers live in San Francisco? I'm moving there tomorrow and would love to meet some of you. Will be living and working in SOMA.
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

faust deleted the post but i am going to comment on it anyway. it was in reference to the new show schitt's creek

FIRST of all that is eugene levy and catherine o'hara. comedy royalty in my opinion, best known for their roles in christopher guest classics like waiting for guffman, best in show, and a mighty wind, as well as SCTV which was awesome. the rick owens clad guy is dan levy, gene's son, who is the co-star, co-creator and executive producer of the show. he is a pretty fashionable guy in his own right, that even has his own eyewear line: http://dleyewear.com/

he is obviously familiar with rick owens and wears it more than once in the show, and possibly in real life, but the point here is that his character is supposed to be a materialistic (fashion!), spoiled and entitled brat. the "joke" in this instance and in terms of wardrobe, is us. which is fine. it is self aware and tongue in cheek on dan's part. no problem.

the larger point i am making is that it seems lately that people are making too quick and harsh a judgment based on a single photo. to illustrate: our husky leather daddy thats been such a hot topic in the last few days. you know what he looks like to me? he looks cold. really cold. in fact the 2nd layer leather jacket may not have been a planned part of the look. the hat is silly but just because someone goes all in cranked to 10 on a designer during fashion week doesn't make him a bandwagoner. it makes him an enthusiastic fan. now if we see him tomorrow in kanye west for adidas then he is now primed for ridicule, but until then let him have his fun for god's sake.

and finally, i happened to see the rickandjulius couples gangsta pose in waywt. if someone was trying to make that into some sort of race issue then that person needs to get a fucking hobby. it was just a simple jokey intentionally (and unintentionally) cringeworthy pose. the hypersensitivity needs to stop and if you can't take a joke then go fuck yourself.
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 02-16-2015, 12:03 PM.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Sigh... Just trying to keep SZ more focused on discussing fashion and less focused on discussing other people.

What was that Eleanor Roosevelt's quote about great people discussing ideas, normal people discussing events, and shitty people discussing other people?

I am afraid your well intentioned post will only bring more hate. Oh, well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎